Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks, I just sent my 93 notchback into the paint shop and would like some feedback from you all please. I am considering black cherry metallic with some pearl from Jaguar. Its already red and so is my GT. The GT is about to get a new custom built 347 stroker with a completely forged dart block and as much boost as I can throw at it with a tranny upgrade. I am adding a 3" heat extractor hood to my notch and painting to match. The question is simple. If you could paint any color you wanted on a notch what would it be?
Thanks a lot for the help. Pictures are always appreciated. The interior is grey cloth. :salute:

·
Registered
198 Posts
2016-2017 Toyota 3T3... its a tri coat pearl red. You have to look at brand new prius to see it but man that color pops. Just make sure ur painter does some spray outs cause just little changes in color mix can really effect the flop of this color (darker, or yellow)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to get away from Red although its very nice. Its similar to what I have on my GT/scarlet red. Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
IMO foxes look best in blue, silver's & grey's, and white. If I were painting a notch, reef blue would be my colour of choice!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must admit, reef blue was high on my list. It is stunning and one I will definitely consider. I have a beast of a painter. I just need to point him to the color code and it will be mint and perfect in every way including bagging the motor and shaving/painting the bay and firewall. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
There's a HUGE variable. If just a quick spray, easily the factory color. Any car looks horrible when door jams and the engine bay don't match. If this is a car you're rebuilding and it's stripped to a shell, then have it at.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been tossing around color ideas myself (long long way down the road though). IMO the best way to judge paint is by looking at the factory colors all over the parking lots. The two that really jump out to me:

Dodge Mineral Grey Metallic (common on newer Durangos)
Dodge Blue Streak Pearl (common on newer Chrysler 200)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are tearing the car down, complete disassembly. Its not going to be a quick spray because there are some cosmetics [quarter window replacement] and all seals as well as door hinges etc. I left boxes of parts both cosmetic and mechanical. Sonic blue is a bit too rich for me. In the blues I really like a deep midnight blue or reef blue. Also, kind of like the new M3 blue. We will be matching jambs as well as the engine bay and firewall. So we are bagging the motor. My GT we just had a very custom 347 stroker built with a T-3550, stage 3+ clutch etc. That car is at 535 to the wheels with matching torque before the new motor. We will throw 20# of boost at that forged/built block. It's scarlet red and I will keep it that color. I love winter projects. I am still leaning towards a beautiful Jaguar color of black cherry metallic and we will add some pearl as the mid-coat. Thoughts? Thanks all for your responses so far.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
One of the many things I love about '89 Fox is the factory midnight metallic blue paint. It's beautiful.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Me personally I love Kona blue or deep impact blue.
On a notch I think silver and white look the best. Or cyber grey metallic. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like cyber grey. I saw it on a notch at my shop. I will look up the other blue colors. Thanks.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,141 Posts
My prior 90 notch was the factory color called:

Crystal Blue Metallic Clearcoat

IMO, the color looked awesome - it was "different" and there's really not too many around in that color at all. I always received compliments about it.

I would certainly buy that color Fox 5.0 again, just dueto how unique it looked (and especially really good with a solid black interior).

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,736 Posts
Ford Kodiac Brown Metallic just a thought to be different from the crowd.
You know, I gotta say, that would look pretty good!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the brown color tones. Thanks for suggesting. I also like Audi nagaro blue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts