Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to here opinions from experienced (or attemped) installers or the Painless Wiring Part #60510 or 60511 kits.
Have an 81 which has an 89 GT transplant but would like to clean up the wiring in the engine bay to hide most of the harness while I have it apart.
Have heard horror stories about Painless in years past, but honestly they weren't from people savy with electronics. See lots of posts about harnesses for sale in the search results, but didn't see anything about installs, though only went two pages deep.
Appreciate hearing from pros/cons for someone who's worked with one of those kits.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A lot of folks in the Classic Mustang Forum have used them. With the right tools they seem to work really well, but they are a ton of work. I’ve seen a few very experienced builders say they would never go through that again. For a classic resto-mod where you need all the new circuits they are worth the effort. You’ll have to decide if it worth a big effort to achieve your goals. The installation tools can be expensive. If you can find a used set or borrow them it helps a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had not considered cost of the tools, though did notice the manual recommended quality crimping tools. Will look into that, thank you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the 60510 and I’m currently installing it on my 92....It’s not as easy as it seems, but I’m not the electrical savvy guy either..the nice thing is that all the wires are labeled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts