Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i liked this k-member compared to the others that i read about. went in smooth, almost no tweaking other than around the steering shaft. bought it as a complete kit from PA which included strange 10 way struts. A-arms, k-member, c.c. plates, coilover kit w/ 185lb springs. might switch down to a 175 down the road

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoops cant get the pics to transfer from e-mail to photobucket

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant get them to resize, if someone can i could shoot them over via e-mail

·
Registered
711 Posts
save them to your computer then upload to photobucket.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they wouldnt save to my computer, thats why im having problems. i guess its because of how they were sent to me? i was only able to right click properties and do it that way

·
370 Posts
man right now i will tell you for drag 185 is to heavy I even hated my 175's and went to 145 with a sbf and a vortech.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Wanted to comment on street drive and coil over springs originally I had 90-10's with 150 springs and no issues at all on the street and car launched good too.
down the road something happened and I had to put the tokico 5 way drag struts on and they were new but now they will bottom out with the 150 springs if I'm not careful.

to conclude the 90-10's were much more forgiving with the 150 coil overs on the street.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wanted to comment on street drive and coil over springs originally I had 90-10's with 150 springs and no issues at all on the street and car launched good too.
down the road something happened and I had to put the tokico 5 way drag struts on and they were new but now they will bottom out with the 150 springs if I'm not careful.

to conclude the 90-10's were much more forgiving with the 150 coil overs on the street.
good info

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i have a 14" 150lb spring on my convertible and you can feel every single bump in the road. it's awful.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i have a 14" 150lb spring on my convertible and you can feel every single bump in the road. it's awful.

i've got 14" 150lbs spring with strange struts set on full lose on my hatch ..a nd it rides and handles just fine

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The way the A-arms attach to the K-member scares the crap outta me...
:rolleyes:

I have this kit myself. Jason is great and helped me out with great customer service. Well priced product that works.

FYI to any potential buyers, I pushed mine hard through an autocross or 2 with no issues and put it through its paces through corners many a times with no issues. Car has felt tighter and lighter than ever before.

I started off on a 14in 225 spring and now am on a 14in 150 spring with a New Edge. car rides good enough for me on the street.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I started off on a 14in 225 spring and now am on a 14in 150 spring with a New Edge. car rides good enough for me on the street.
Yea, with those spring rates, I bet you were REALLY pushing it in the "corners". :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts