Ford Mustang Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The only code that came up was a P0174 when I was swapping the O2 banks. It threw the code when I put the wiring back to normal, but I didn't check to see if it was a pending code when the O2 banks were reversed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I don't really have any progress updates, the car is still running as it was before. However, I was able to get the logging to include Bank 1 and Bank 2 O2 voltages and some other nifty parameters. Let me know what you think. I am missing the engine temp PID but I only noticed after I made the datalog and went home, it'll be there for future datalogs though.
This datalog starts from a cold start but runs for a while with the engine hot. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I5ykPvRX62-9PIvUdNLW9kS1YttoVzxn8oun7d5gras/edit?usp=sharing

·
Registered
22,404 Posts
Yes, i looked at the log

The 02 sensors are acting normally, the only thing that stands out, is that both long term trims go in opposite directions, which again makes no sense unless they are reversed, but you say no

So this brings us back to the misfires, the misfires can cause odd trims during the run

I believe the misfires are causing the trim issues

So, I suggest getting the cause of the misfire

Fuel
Spark
Compression
Timing

Addressed, this may take a well equipped, scope, to diagnose

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Got it, well it looks like I'll most likely be taking it in unless I can get my hands on those tools. It'll most likely be towards the end of the month if not early next month when my mechanic has space, so we'll see what happens. I'll update the thread if he or I finds anything.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
No updates as of yet, still waiting for my mechanic to clear some space. Should be able to get it in within the next week or two.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I have some updates since getting the car back from the mechanic and having the cage installed.
The mechanic opened the engine back up and checked the timing, all is good there. Since getting the car back from the mechanic and cage builder, the car has new Ford Racing 24lb injectors, no cats, a wideband sensor in each bank, EGR delete, new aluminum fuel rails, and the heads were refreshed. With the heads, they were disassembled, inspected, and cleaned up by a reputable machine shop who found no issues.
Unfortunately, the issue seems to still exist, but it's not throwing a code this time..not sure if that's good or not.I'm going to inspect a few things tonight such as validate both wideband sensors are reading correctly, clean the maf, and someone said to make sure that both O2's have extenders, not just one. So I'll be checking that tonight. This is beyond frustrating though.

·
Registered
22,404 Posts
swapping parts rarely works, how long before you realize?

i told you 6 months ago to have it brought a diag shop that has the tools and knowledge

hell, its only time and money, who cares

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I totally get what you're saying, I feel the same way. It's more just hoping that it would have fixed the issue. I've been sitting on the parts for quite some time.
However, I don't have the money to take it in to a diagnostic shop.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts