Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fan will not turn on at all..i check the fuses and checked to c if the fan wires are getting juice...nothing..what could be the problem..please help thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Fans were a problem in these years. I know there is a recall on them, if you look around there's lists of recall notices online.

As far as I know, the fan itself was the problem--bearing. The thing is, if you checked for current at the fan with the car cool, it wouldn't read. It has to be over temp and running (or at least on) for that wiring to have any current at all... When it's not hot or on, there's no reason to have electricity to the fan.

I would find the hot wire to the fan, then heat the car up to near boiling and see if the wire goes live. Another way to check if the fan motor is the problem rather than a relay/wiring issue is to take an alligator clip, connect a wire to your battery positive terminal and then hit the hot wire to the fan to see if it starts. If the fan runs under this condition, then you have a wiring issue. If not, then the fan motor is shizzzzzot.

Make sure to keep wires and fingers clear of the fan, it's plastic but it hurts like a motherf*ck if it bites you....

·
Registered
83 Posts
i just had the recall done today

they changed a part on the fan. it had relays in it and that `s what could be a problem.

although i never had a problem with it:cool:

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts