Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has put over 30k miles on their GT500?

How is the car holding up? Any out of the ordinary issues?

Are the seats wearing well or are they like the older leather mustang interiors?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello from another Pinellas County guy. :salute:

Sounds like you're looking to buy, so best of luck. Our area has a few GT500's in great shape I've noticed.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
This is exactly what i was wondering. How do these cars hold up as the miles add up? Im interested in a GT500 but i would use it as a daily commuter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've got 31k on my 2008. I've got a few rattles on the interior, but it's a convertible. So, unfortunately that's expected, or at least, I expected it. The additional body flex of a convertible, in my experience (I've owned several verts) makes for additional squeeks and rattles that need to be fixed by taking panels down and tightening things with a screwdriver. The leather is a little dry, but not much as the prev owner apparently didn't condition it. My biggest recommendation is a) tinted windows, and b) good car cover. If you read the March 2011 issues of Mustang Monthly they review what you want in a cover. I even saw links to the article at their web site when I searched google just now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts