Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like your opinions on my proposed suspension setup. This is a somewhat of a budget setup. I am not rich, and won't be anytime soon, so keep that in mind. What I am looking for is a car that handles way better than stock. I don't drag race at the track, it is a street car that I would like to handle pretty nice. Anyway, here is what I am thinking. Any suggestions/improvements/corrections would be appreciated. As for now and the immediate future a TQ Arm, Watts Link, or EVO are out of the question.Thanks!!!

D&D lcas...because they are on the car already.
Stock UCAs...box them in or not? Any other suggestion for ucas?
MM PH Bar
Bilstein struts/shocks
H&R Race springs
PA Racing K-member-for weight and header clearence
MM caster/camber plates
Aluminum Steering Rack bushings
X-2 ball joints
Del-a-lum A-arm bushings...Is this a good idea or should I leave the bushing alone or what?

There is my proposed setup. Let me know what you think. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
mrmonk7663 said:
D&D lcas...because they are on the car already.
Stock UCAs...box them in or not? Any other suggestion for ucas?
MM PH Bar
Bilstein struts/shocks
H&R Race springs
PA Racing K-member-for weight and header clearence
MM caster/camber plates
Aluminum Steering Rack bushings
X-2 ball joints
Del-a-lum A-arm bushings...Is this a good idea or should I leave the bushing alone or what?
Looks good. Great choice on strut's and shocks. Likewise on the PH bar.
Springs, another great choice. MM C/C plate's only the best.
Will you be going center drilled rack bushing or offset?
Its always a good idea to change your A-arm bushings(or all bushings if they're old). I have heard good things about delrin bushings. Not sure Del a lum are the same?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It all looks good to me except for the K-member. Installing a K is a lot of work and they aren't cheap. I wouldn't go to the effort and expense unless it was for a distinct improvement in suspension geometry, which the PA is not. If you go to the trouble to do it, then do it right and use a MM K-member. The difference in handling when I installed mine was very evident.

Not real sure on the X2 ball joints, but they may not fit in place of the ones that came with the D&D lower arms. Replacement BJ's come ~.020" oversize to fit tightly in the hole left from removing the stock ones. The stock ones are in a stamped piece, not a welded up piece. The welded arm may not expand enough to get a good fitment.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the PA doesn't revise the geometry, but I can get one for around $300 which isn't bad, and the K-has to come out for longtubes you know, but I don't know, that is later on, I'll figure it out. As far as the x-2's I have D&D Rear lower control arms, my a-arms are stock :) so they should work fine. Delrin and Del-a lum are pretty close I have read, more research to follow. The rack bushings I am going to discuss with MM as that is where I am getting them so I'll know more when I call. Thanks guys for the help.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Del-Alum is just a Delrin (or Acetal) bushing with an aluminium sleeve inside. it's nothing very fancy. It would be like Energy Suspension calling their bushings "Poly-steel."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts