Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running a vortech setup for about 3 years now and im just ready for another setup in my car. made over 700 rwhp with zero problems and now i want to test my luck. goals are to make 1000rwhp. i had planned on building a new high compression bottom end in the high 11 to low 12:1 ratio since im on E85. but for now im probably going to run my same bottom end which is only 8.8:1 ratio. will have stage 3 turbo cams huge intake manifold with short runners. I like being different and going against the grain. people kept telling me to go 4v because im not going to make any power with a centri blown 2v, yet here i am making 100's more horsepower than my 4v friends. my car made over 700 at only 5900 rpm due to spark blowing out. just recently started leaning towards a fairly big twin set up instead of a big single (83mm or bigger).

just looking for peoples opinions on problems i may run into. one is obviously spooling both of these guys especially since im not going to be high compression like originally planned. eventually will have a high compression motor and built auto but until my current bottom end tires out that wont be happening. you guys probably want some more info on the setup so ask away since im sure i forgot something. what do you think?

·
Registered
472 Posts
62s will get you to 1000rwhp and spool faster
+1. T4 frame 6266s will do the job for ya just fine. Hell I have seen 6766s make 1090rwhp through an auto and loose converter on t3 framed setups. No need for the twin 70mm.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
im with them... twin 70's wont be responsive enough IMO.

I think something like twin Comp CT4's would do you very well... make tons of power and make you happier than big 70's

·
Registered
148 Posts
Using this calculator: RB Racing Turbo Boost and Airflow Calculator
You need 1540 CFM, lets devide that by two for 770 cfm for each turbo.

Impeller cfm = (3.14/3) x (impeller size/2)^2
Impeller size = ((3/3.14)x770)^0.5 x 2 = 54 mm

So theoretically twin 54 mm turbos should do the job. I am sure there will be more accurate results than mine so check for more information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts