Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would recommend against it. With rear brakes too big, you have too much bias in the rear, not the front. It all depends on what you are looking for. I would suggest going with the rear Cobra brakes. They are plenty big for most applications.

If you were going with a 14" front kit, then this would work fine. Just try and have bigger fronts than rears for a rear wheel drive car.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
digdugdaddy said:
I would recommend against it. With rear brakes too big, you have too much bias in the rear, not the front. It all depends on what you are looking for. I would suggest going with the rear Cobra brakes. They are plenty big for most applications.

If you were going with a 14" front kit, then this would work fine. Just try and have bigger fronts than rears for a rear wheel drive car.
I understand your logic, but considering that these are still utilizing the standard single piston caliper, I wasn't sure if it would be that big of a bias... maybe i'm wrong here...

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
LMFAO: "We always recommend cross drilled unless you are particularly concerned with structural integrity."

It's not just the size of the piston, it's the moment arm of the clamping force. Bigger rotor diameter == bigger moment arm, even if caliper is kept constant.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
digdugdaddy said:

Where is the best/cheapest place to get cobra rear brakes?

·
Registered
453 Posts
huesmann said:
LMFAO: "We always recommend cross drilled unless you are particularly concerned with structural integrity."
I can't believe they have that quote in their auction. :lol:

I'm not concerened about structual intergrity when it comes to brakes. :shakehead

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
auction said:
Don't waste your money on an expensive and hard to install Cobra 11.65" rear brake kit when you can have a 13" rear brake kit at almost 1/2 the price.
WTF is he talking about? The cobra kit(m2300m) is almost 1/2 the price of his kit, not the other way around. His kit is also about $60 more expensive then the exact same kit available from Baer, which you know comes with quality parts. So what if he throws in a set of no name pads.

I would avoid dealing with him just on the lies that he has in his auctions. Go with the FRPP kit M2300M. You get the brackets, vented rotors and anti-moan braces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts