Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I really hate to ask this question but curiosity is killing me. Please base your opinions on experience if possible. Build is,
427 ci 9.5:1 compression
Trick flow 225 high port heads with shaft mount rockers
Comp cam 696 lift int. and exhaust duration @50 252 lobe sep. 114
Vic Sr intake, 90mm tb
Precision 88 mm turbo
If you need more info let me know what.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Well, how much boost would be good to know. That can have a huge impact on projected HP.lol

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, how much boost would be good to know. That can have a huge impact on projected HP.lol
Won't know that until I get to that point. Buy the time I get to put it down the track with boost I will have my answer. Lol I do know that precision rates the turbo to 1450 HP. I am just wondering if this combo will actually make it to that.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably 500hp+ at the wheels before boost...
OK that is a start. It is a little more than I was thinking. I have a Friendwith a shaffroff 427 that is a 10.5:1 compression, similar size heads butt hydraulic lifters and a smaller lift cam. Shaffroff rates that at 540hp. So I figured that considering my difference in cam and lifters I would be about equal to that. That is at the crank. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
450 Posts
540hp flywheel is probably 450 (give or take) to the wheels.

My guess was actually on the conservative side I think...I bet you might make 550-600hp flywheel...probably closer to 600.

You've got guys here hitting 500hp with Solid Roller 363s, so there is no reason why you can't 500+ to the wheels on motor with what you have.

I'm not a turbo guy, so I can't really help you there. Depends on what kind of fuel you want to use I suppose. Maybe 800rwhp on pump gas or the limit of the turbo on race fuel.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
540hp flywheel is probably 450 (give or take) to the wheels.

My guess was actually on the conservative side I think...I bet you might make 550-600hp flywheel...probably closer to 600.

You've got guys here hitting 500hp with Solid Roller 363s, so there is no reason why you can't 500+ to the wheels on motor with what you have.

I'm not a turbo guy, so I can't really help you there. Depends on what kind of fuel you want to use I suppose. Maybe 800rwhp on pump gas or the limit of the turbo on race fuel.
600 on motor would be great. Then 22-23lb of boost would get it to the 1400 mark and 1150-1200 at the wheels?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts