Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello turbo nutz

So it has been abit sense I posted. Has some problems from the fresh engine I purchased....like number 3 was rusted out from improper storage....idiot.

Anyways after I tore it apart had the block sleeved and reassembled. I got most of it done. Went to install my ebay edelbrock 351w intake knock off. It wouldnt fit. So I machined the edges got the bugger on there. All the bolt holes line up well. I happened to look in one of the injector bosses...I can see quite abit of my gt40 head in the way.....

Pic:
www.crystalcomputersupport.com/carstuff/injboss.jpg

I know this cheap ebay casting isn't helping, but is this going to be an issue if I get the correct edelbrock spyder w/efi...

Thanks,

Travis

·
Registered
994 Posts
Are your ports out of alignment as well? Just ran into this with my Victor EFI. Had to mill down the sides to get the intake ports on the manifold and on the heads to line up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ports line up pretty good. its just the alinement of the injector bosses. If you look at the picture, if bosses where moved just 1/4 inch it would work ok....

I looked at additional pictures of other ebay knockoff intakes all seem to put the injector boss right at the edge of the intake.

I looked at a real edelbrock setup. The injector bosses are almost lined up with the intake bolt holes.

Travis

·
Registered
994 Posts
If the ports line up fine, then I'd say you either need a new intake or you're gonna have to remove some of the cylinder heads port material for clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts