Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now the cars together and running useing my old T4 setup with a 70mm master power. I was tired of the car sitting so I put the new motor in and bought a MPT70 so I could drive it and go to the track this summer. My ? is over the off season I plan on doing a custom T6 hotside with a S480. I see supra's with 2jz's with S480s so I belive I shouldnt have a problem with spool but just want to get some opinions. Car has a C4 with a Transbreak and I need a converter so Ill probably get a converter when I do the S480.

·
Registered
102 Posts
even with vic jr's a 2jz's cylinder head is still more efficient, however I dont see an issue with it, we had a bullseye s480 on a 98 cobra with ported B heads and comp cams that went 9.00's

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sure it is but theres no reason a good cam and converter wouldnt put me back in the ballpark. Ive got a 70mm right now and that thing doesnt know what lag is. You hit it and its there. Im just doing so research now but over the winter I plan on doing another hotside and going to a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
make sure its a real good billet converter, I would go with precision. A brake and boost builder would also be a must. its not impossible to do it with a 306 inch platform, however its also not easy or cheap.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My buddys got a gt47-88 T6 with .96 AR on a 331 with afr 205s and has no lag you think I would be better with a precision turbo? They spool faster then BW's?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If you go with the standard S480 it will be the 1.32 A/R housing and the 98mm turbine wheel. It will work. Depends on what you expect of it though. On the street it will be laggy. At the track on the foot brake into the trans brake it will not be bad. Will probably spool to about 4-5# around 3500-4000. That is what it was like on my 331ci set up.

Do your self a favor and call Jose @ Forced Inductions. He is VERY helpful with explaining what it will do and what other options you have. The 87mm turbine wheel may be better if your not looking to make 900+ hp. Again, Jose will hook you up.

Forced Inductions

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea a little laggy on the street is fine I know there's ways to make it spool at the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts