Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open Track Car Complete!!

1991 Fox
Full MM suspension with coil-overs. 400lbs Front 300lbs rear with MM spec Bilstein shocks. 275-40-17 all four corners.

Dart block 383 stroker built in my living room. (My wife is very understanding...) 486RWHP 430RWTQ

Brembo Cobra R brakes with Coleman 2-piece rotors. Cobra rears. Carbotech pads.

First time on track with everything is May 21st at Putnam-Park with 10/10ths Motorsports.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the title, I'm not sure what happened with that. Apparently I cant change it.

Anyway, here's the Dyno Sheet. Naturally Aspirated Small Block Ford

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks Great Neighbor

Great to have another Central Ohio Fox body RR in the mix.

Brian at Dynotune is great to work with. Helped me with my 331 tuning for a balanced power curve and partial and roll on throttle mapping.

Looking forward to seeing you at the track.
BTW, NASA and AutoInterests in our area also offer well run, instructive programs with great track time experiences.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Nice, flat torque curve and it seems to pull hard to 7,000 rpm. What induction? 9.2 deck block? What is the combination? LS or Ford?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great to have another Central Ohio Fox body RR in the mix.

Brian at Dynotune is great to work with. Helped me with my 331 tuning for a balanced power curve and partial and roll on throttle mapping.

Looking forward to seeing you at the track.
BTW, NASA and AutoInterests in our area also offer well run, instructive programs with great track time experiences.
Thanks! I've been out with NASA a few times to Mid-Ohio. Have you ever been out with 10/10ths Motorsports? This will be my first event with them.

383 I believe makes it a Cheby.
This is NO Chevy motor!! Its ALL Windsor! Its a 351 based Dart block! 3.75 inch stroke with Cleveland mains. AFR 225 heads and a Edelrock Super Victor intake converted to use EFI.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not quite the traditional 351 stroker displacement. It's an all forged, internal balance Eagle kit. For what I wanted to do with this car, I felt the better rod ratio and lower piston speeds of this kit was worth giving up the 25 cubic inches of a traditional 408 setup.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks! I've been out with NASA a few times to Mid-Ohio. Have you ever been out with 10/10ths Motorsports? This will be my first event with them.

This is NO Chevy motor!! Its ALL Windsor! Its a 351 based Dart block! 3.75 inch stroke with Cleveland mains. AFR 225 heads and a Edelrock Super Victor intake converted to use EFI.
Good to know. I was going to consider you a traitor.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
sick build! Let me know what you think of the 400/300 springs, i just removed mine for 500/400 i always thought the 4/3 were to soft, now i need to bump up to MM/Bilstein MM3 race dampers (let me know if you want another set of the MM sport dampers.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What block did you use? Is it the 9.2 deck? Do you think that new Boss style hood would have cleared your TB Elbow?
Dart SHP block, 9.5 deck Windsor. I have absolutely no idea about the boss hood.....

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Cool. I have a friend that has one of those hoods and the amount of clearance with them is deceiving. You have more than you think you would, that is the only reason I asked. He had a lot of clearance with his setup.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Very nice indeed. Cam specs? What engine management system are you using?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cam is a custom spec road race solid roller from Jay Allen. Stock computer with just a dyno tune chip in it.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No class. It's just an open track/ HPDE car that I can drive on the street when I want to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts