Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with car running and starting once it heats up. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but just wondering if anyone recommends open loop over closed loop and spout out over spout in.

Here's what I'm running:
331 with 67mm turbo 7-10 lbs
60# SD inj.
Pro tube with pmas
AFR 185
Eddy 2
All tuned through moates.
Bank 1 o2 only. No egr

If anyone is running 60# inj, can you tell me what high and low slope you have.
I know I have to fix my gap, I'm sure it's way to big, as it was set to n/a specs, but I don't think that would cause the stall and no hot start issue I'm experiencing.

Replaced and checked all common culprits, tps, pip, coil, grounds, etc.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
My car when warmed up if i go to re-start it ...It starts right up..but if it sits for awhile it wont just cranks...So i press the pedal to the floor,it starts right up...from what i was told its in the tune something to do with the injector value on start-up..i havent brought it back to get that corrected yet..other then that my car runs great so it doesnt bother me to much..in my weird mind its like a theft device...lol....no one will know how to start it....

·
Registered
753 Posts
It's common to have rich cold start issues in the tune since the whole time your tuner is messing with the car it is warmed up and they will never see what needs to be adjusted to get it to start good cold. I had the same issues and it took some time to get it fixed as the tuner could only see it for 5-10 minutes a day so it took him a few shots after letting the car sit and fully cool each time he adjusted something.

Open loop (wot) ignores the o2's and is obviously all in the tune, so if that not right its most likely a tune issue. Closed loop where it adjust fuel for part throttle and crusing uses the 02's so if the issue is closed loop could be some tuning or a bad 02 sensor etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts