Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of getting an electric cutout. does anyone have any real world experience with them.

like make a pass with full exhaust then one with open down pipe?

would it even benefit me? i have a 3 inch down pipe to a borla straight through muffler turn down before the rear axle.

any advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got a 2mph increase in the 8th mile with my cut out open compared to closed I had a crappy 3 inch no mandrel bent downpipe on top of that it makes a difference

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I opened my dp last night out of curiosity and saw 2 more lbs of boost.
Wow really im at 14 psi now...stock bottom end..i mite not want to open my DP then....lol...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I went for a ride and my air/fuel is still rich.
did the turbo spool any faster?...how much different did the car sound?

·
Registered
66 Posts
It seemed to spool up quicker. It's east to bounce off the rev limiter in 1st gear. Of course it sounds totally different it's pretty loud. My car was extremely loud when it was n/a and after the turbo went on it quitened it down 50-70%!

·
Registered
205 Posts
We Built FastMarks car Stock longblock.
The first 88mm hellion kit for 03 cobras. He picked up 100 TQ at the rear wheels through an auto by running an open DP.
Yes it will be loud.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ thats bad ass but like i said how free flowing my exhaust is already would i really pick up enough to buy an electric cut out??? if is like 10-15hp im fine with what i have!

·
Registered
295 Posts
^^^ thats bad ass but like i said how free flowing my exhaust is already would i really pick up enough to buy an electric cut out??? if is like 10-15hp im fine with what i have!
Doesn't matter how free flowing you think your exhaust is. I have Straight through bullets that dump at the axle and with my down pipe opened I picked up 2-3psi more of boost and of coarse faster ET's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts