Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
David Posea said:
If I use just one, like Joe Lynch describes on his web site, will the ABS override the roll control?
It never has for me, works great. Every once in a while, it'll turn my "check engine" light on and throw an ABS code, but you turn the key off and on and it goes away.

Here's some install tips:

Find the return brake line for the front brakes. Cut it and install the solenoid in the cut. Wire up the solenoid. Bleed the brakes.

However, a lot of people are scared to cut brake lines and reflare them so they try to buy all sorts of adapters to make it bolt-on. I tried that but just didn't have good luck. Bought a tubing bender and flarer at Autozone and made it work.

Here's a pic of how I installed mine on my 96 Cobra...

·
Registered
696 Posts
David Posea said:
Brake return line? There is a return line? maybe I'd better dig around under my car!!
David
Oops, I've been playing with my fuel system too much lately!!!

Ok, "*the* brake line"

:D

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
David--If your ABS unit is like mine it will work fine with one solenoid. I only have like 100 runs, and over a year on the street on my setup. A bunch of people have used my instructions as a go-by and I haven't ever gotten any feedback indicating there were problems on earlier Mustangs.
Joe Lynch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts