Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.0 kit I don't see how you can put one of the screws in to bolt holw for the wastegate. There's not very much room. Anyone else run into this

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had to cut a 90 degree allen wrench down so I could fit it into one of the corners. I'm guessing you're probably dealing with the same bolt that required this.

Although, if you can't get the bolt into the hole at all, I didn't have that problem. If I recall, I think there were two sets of bolts shipped with my kit that could be used on the wastegate. One set shipped with the wastegate and the other (which are longer I beliebe) shipped loose with the other fasteners. I used the set that came in the wastegate box.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had the same problem, seems the wg mount pad is too close to the exh. pipe.

I went to home depot, and got four bolts with regular hex heads on them, that way you dont have to use an allan tool, but rather a combo wrench, wich is thinner and will fit in there to tighten it up.

and on the one that wont go in, i used a little bit shorter bolt for that one.

I cant remember the sizes but they were metric, and came in individual bags at home depot, i just took my waste gate with me, and one of the allen bolts with me to make sure i got it rite. the 3 were the same length as the on3 the shorter was the next size down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts