Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody give me an idea of how much power my car would make it is a stock 302 gt40 heads full exhaust e303 cam cobra upper and lower intake. and one of the on3 kits with a 70mm turbo on about 7 or 8 psi ..... I have really been considering one of these kits but just wanting to know what kind of number to expect.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
About 128 more rwhp than you have now. On3 gives dyno numbers for their kit on a very similar combo on their website. If you use the search feature here you will find several members have a very similar combo and are putting down 400-450 rwhp with GT40 or GT40p combo's and the On3 kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's around how much I was thinking it would make but really was not too sure.. I have seen a couple of foxs on stock motors raising the boost up to 11 or 12 psi .. my next question is how safe is that or how much boost would you recommend on stock bottom end?

·
Registered
235 Posts
How safe the amount of boost you run depends on how well of cond. your engine is in and tuned correctly. To be on the safe side I would say 8-12 psi depending on your power goals.
I ran 16psi on a s-trim with pretty much same engine combo you have and lifted a head because of stock head bolts and cheapo head gaskets so you can put a decent amount of boost through a stock short block.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I would probably like to stay in between 8-10 psi range .. also would a I need a alternator relocation kit if I run a 70mm or would I be able to leave it where its at?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The on3 70mm kit comes with a march alt bracket setup from what I have read just to give a little clearance but keeps it up on the pass side of the engine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
if u use a 70mm turbo you will be fine whit the alternator their but from what i have under stand if you go whit a 76mm you do have too change the driver side the alternator!:salute:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if u use a 70mm turbo you will be fine whit the alternator their but from what i have under stand if you go whit a 76mm you do have too change the driver side the alternator!:salute:
I saw that on a couple of other cars to where the alternator was relocated to the driver side..hope fully once I get the kit I don't run into may problems..

·
Registered
525 Posts
It seems to be a hit or miss i guess... my kit fit well and clears the turbo to alt...

·
Registered
401 Posts
whit what turbo size did u see that? 70 or 76 ????
I saw that on a couple of other cars to where the alternator was relocated to the driver side..hope fully once I get the kit I don't run into may problems..

·
Registered
401 Posts
i wonder why would a be a hit or miss whit the 70mm?? depending if u have an bigger amp alternator you think?
It seems to be a hit or miss i guess... my kit fit well and clears the turbo to alt...

·
Registered
525 Posts
sorry,, I was referring to the 76mm

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
If you run the mp 76, it has a smaller compressor cover, .72ar and doesnt require any alternator relocation aside from what we provide. If you upgrade to our 76mm it has a .80ar compressor cover and its too close to fit so thats when the relocation is required.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts