Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a kit and said i had a 97 cobra and wanted front facing kit for it. i was sent the stuff. but my installer is saying it looks like it is for a 99. which he says has several differences. pipes arent lining up at all. im hoping that either on3 can answer on here for me as i emailed and called and no response. i am sure he will get back to me but since installer has car i need to resolve quickly. it maybe just the wrong kit and this stuff will not line up at all. or maybe there is some modifications that is needed that wasnt discussed in description?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think once i get a reply from on3 i can proceed. i dont want to have to pay for a bunch of pipe welding and whatnot. i got a feeling it is just something simple like wrong pipes? or maybe after so many productions it is slightly off? either way im sure it will get resolved just need some communication going soon

·
Registered
456 Posts
I do not understand. I have the FF4V (99 up ) kit and I put it on my 97 cobra.
I didnt cut any piping. I did have a problem with the last cold side pipe where it go's from the pass side fender to the TB. It was way off. I ended up just getting a 45deg coupler and played with it. lines up great.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I did have to remoive my anti lock break system and move my AC lines a bit but they are all on there.
May end up going to a non power rack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have pictures but i dont know how to place them in this forum. Looked and see there is some img code but not sure how it works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sent pics to on3 they emailed back earlier. He is in vegas at sema so im sure this will get straightened out soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess maybe not. I see that they responnded to their own thread on stock but not to things like this. I figured customer service would be at least normal but after full week of nothing getting done i assume they dont care?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent him pics where three places dont come close to being right. Its like those pipes on hot side were either made wrong by accident ( mass produced i guess it could happen) or it is piping mixed up from another kit by accident.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
You ever get this worked out?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No answer. Im thinking ill prob start contesting it on paypal. Just go with a hellion i guess. He has had plenty of time to deal with this.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was not trying to be a douche in my first post when I said good luck. But now you see why. I am not surprised at all you got no answer. I used to have to call from different phones from other area codes to get an answer. I brought it up on their thread and they denied it and ####. They are a joke company. I realize even the best kits don't always fit and you have to massage them a bit. But you should never have to go through the #### I went through. Been a year now since my on3 order experience and I'm still missing the turbo brackets, oil drain and my turbo was messed up when I got it (fins hit the compressor housing, looked dropped). Luckily just ordered the stuff to finish it and said the hell with on3.

Which is why I warn people never to buy from them.

You get what you okay for.

Sorry you got screwed too

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I think customer service has to be their worst problem. You can sell the ####tiest stuff in the world but if you take care of customers when they have problems you will do OK. I went through power adder solutions to order my kit. I too was missing the support brackets and a maf flange I paid extra for. I had the missing parts in a few days when I called them. Good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with the performance once it's done. There is nothing like a turbo powered v8!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes good point ordering through PAS is a great idea they will actually take care of you. If you ordered through on3 directly I should have said good luck.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ordered mine through Jegs! They ended up taking care of my problems because after 50+ calls to on 3 I still was unable to get ahold of them!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts