Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been thinking about getting a on3 kit. I see lots of mix reviews. I do have a local guy selling a kit only needing the turbo for 1300 but comes with everything like 60lb injectors, maf and y pipe with muffers also a sct chip. This is for a 93 fox with ac and aod should I pull the trigger or just wait for something else

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my kit. Fit well and easily makes 500 wheel.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Heard a lot of mixed reviews about on3 as well but my friends car runs great with one. His dynoed over 500rwhp.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If its local I would go for it, don't have to worry about shipping or worrying that someone might screw you on it. If its a street car the on3 will support around 600whp

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have one car is in my Sig i love it....

·
4,305 Posts
Look it all over and make sure it only needs a turbo. Then price out what the missing parts will run you so you can accurately see what you are saving. Injectors and MAF could be icing on the cake but then again could be junk brand parts and simply be a hassle to find a buyer for so you can get something better.

Also keep in mind there are at least two generations of that kit. Originally being all stainless and next being mild steel.

Do keep in mind when shopping turbo kits that they all make tons of power. Don't judge a kits worthiness by how much power people make. I'd look at how they fit and what I have to take off the car and/or modify to get the kit on the car. I'd look at complaints and see what is common among those and if I can live with that maybe happening to me.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from the pics it is a pro m meter and seimens injectors ive had the knock offs before i know what they look like and these arent them. looks like only missing the turbo and header bolts. and how can i tell if its a gen one or 2?

·
4,305 Posts
from the pics it is a pro m meter and seimens injectors ive had the knock offs before i know what they look like and these arent them. looks like only missing the turbo and header bolts. and how can i tell if its a gen one or 2?
I would say a magnet but not sure if the lower grade stainless they used to use would cause one to stick. Someone who has actually had the kits can chime in better than me. I just know originally they used stainless for the headers but later switched to mild steel.

Just eye balling costs online, I'd maybe offer a little less but I have not put a lot of thought into that. Just thinking if a new kit is around $1500 and a used injector/maf I'd think is around $500 and not sure what the chip would be worth. Then I firmly believe $0.50 on the dollar when used.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im gonna see if i can get cheaper if not ill just buy the injectors and y pipe maybe the maf but idk its welded on.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The tune in the chip will most likely need to be changed for your car.
If you drag race any your AOD will not last unless it has a lot of work, trust me on that.
That price isnt bad, but there is a lot to learn when going turbo.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wouldnt need the chip since i have one and will need tune anyway. yeah i aod has a little bit work but i know ill need rebuild and wont be drag racing until i build a tranny.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
That price is fairly high considering its just a few hundred more for a brand new kit and you know it will have everything including a brand new turbo. If you have questions on the kit, feel free to let me know or shoot over an email [email protected]

·
Registered
873 Posts
buy a 67mm ball bearing from on3 and have it tuned and your there, if you have a walbro anyway.
youd have 2000 in a complete kit vs buying a new kit with upgrade and fuel kit. just saying. but the price does seem high, but coming with the mf and injectors its a toss up for some.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you can pm me prices on the turbos you have or email me [email protected]

If he dont go lower on the price a bit more ill see if i can pick up the y pipe and injectors with maf at least and buy a new kit

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought the kit brand new and just bought the fuel mods my self and still wasn't over 2 grand, but it's up to you you can get there turbos from 300 to 600 bucks depending on size etc.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts