Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i have a used on3 hotside what r the corect color springs for 8lbs i have 1 red outer 2 blue outers and 1 yellow inner

·
Registered
246 Posts
see 331lilcoupe's build thread, forgot the colors but I'm seeing 6psi on the stock spring and you would want the +2. Or you could just add a manual boost controller and turn it up to 8psi

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update red srping is showing 4to5 pounds of boost still unsure what the blue ones r since i havnt seen that color on anyone eles build but 4to5lbs with the 76mm feels like alot more power than my 60mm was at 8lbs i got this kit used and the guy said he put down 790rwhp at 18lbs so thinking maybe blue is 10 or 15lbs since it had one blue and a yellow in the wastegate

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will a boost controller get me to 8lbs to 12lbs or is that asking to much with the low boost i have now i have a 4stage blitz ele controller

·
Registered
246 Posts
you can go up to double what your spring is giving you with a controller. I see 6psi on the spring and I'm set at 10psi now with the controller

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
you can go up to double what your spring is giving you with a controller. I see 6psi on the spring and I'm set at 10psi now with the controller
On a 5psi WG spring I have run as much as 19psi with an electric boost solenoid (ecu controlled), and I stopped myself there. Lol I was only at 60% dc on the solenoid.

·
Registered
170 Posts
update red srping is showing 4to5 pounds of boost still unsure what the blue ones r since i havnt seen that color on anyone eles build but 4to5lbs with the 76mm feels like alot more power than my 60mm was at 8lbs i got this kit used and the guy said he put down 790rwhp at 18lbs so thinking maybe blue is 10 or 15lbs since it had one blue and a yellow in the wastegate
What 76mm turbo are you using if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on3 76mm caped the top line and got to 12psi wich is way to much for my small drs so gona reopen the top line and use the boost controller thinking 8psi max is all my car put on the street and all my poor clutch can hold till i get more tire and a c4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts