Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a replacement wg for On3s that will fit flange that came on kit. It is for foxbody. I dont want to weld new flange if i can avoid it. i think this is newest style kit. i bought it new few months ago. mine is surging at wot.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Does anybody make a replacement wg for On3s that will fit flange that came on kit. It is for foxbody. I dont want to weld new flange if i can avoid it. i think this is newest style kit. i bought it new few months ago. mine is surging at wot.
looks like mad has answered your question. can you or anyone define this surge at wot that you or anyone else has experienced due to the waste gate.
thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My boost is surging at wot. It drops out to 6ish then to 8-9 ( I have set at 9 on tru boost) then back go 6 and so on and so on. Feels like its bucking. I know I can send it in to get fix or replaced but I think I'll just upgrade. I was looking at precision because it was recommended by tunner. It says it fits tail 44mm flange so I just want to make sure on3 flange

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
My boost is surging at wot. It drops out to 6ish then to 8-9 ( I have set at 9 on tru boost) then back go 6 and so on and so on. Feels like its bucking. I know I can send it in to get fix or replaced but I think I'll just upgrade. I was looking at precision because it was recommended by tunner. It says it fits tail 44mm flange so I just want to make sure on3 flange

thanks for the clarification...let us know if the upgraded wg gets it sorted.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The Precision 46mm will fit right in with no modifications needed

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
The Precision 46mm will fit right in with no modifications needed

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!
are you running aftermarket wg or on3? just curious if anyone is having success with the on3 model.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
still running the On3 unit. We'll see how it performs once i get the tune finalized. Still upping the boost and tweaking it

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running on3 now. I've already called about it and they will swap them out or test and fix what I have. I did a lot of research before I ran kit. Some have good luck with them, some say throw it in trash and buy a better brand. I figured I'd give on3s a shot and see if I could get lucky, but I didnt this time. I had surging from the first dyno pull. Tuner said not first time he had problem with on3 WG. In my opinion it comes down to what you want to spend, i had some money set aside in case I had bad luck with WG or bov so I'm just gonna replace and not worry about it again. But I did think about sending it off to get fixed.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'm running on3 now. I've already called about it and they will swap them out or test and fix what I have. I did a lot of research before I ran kit. Some have good luck with them, some say throw it in trash and buy a better brand. I figured I'd give on3s a shot and see if I could get lucky, but I didnt this time. I had surging from the first dyno pull. Tuner said not first time he had problem with on3 WG. In my opinion it comes down to what you want to spend, i had some money set aside in case I had bad luck with WG or bov so I'm just gonna replace and not worry about it again. But I did think about sending it off to get fixed.

do you know what part of the on3 wg that actually goes bad?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Mine is been on for a little over a yr 14 psi everytime...maybe im getting lucky with the on3 wastegate...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts