1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
yes..yes it is...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
O god, someone remove this thread now lol.

From what ive heard b&g is worth the extra money. I have an on3 kit, its fine so far other than the v bands/clamps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ive never had an 0n3 kit or seen one so Im not going to down their product......... I did have a B&G Stage 1 kit and it was of the HIGHEST quality. I never put it on the car though. I ended up trading the car and the turbo and kit for my current car.

Brian's customer service is of an even higher quality than his products. It just takes a little while to get his complete kits because he makes them there in his shop and also depending on what time of year it is as to how fast he can get em out. But you never want to rush quality anyway.

I mean you tell how many vendors are out there that will give you their home and cell phone number and tell you to call them anytime if you have a problem??? Brians wife would even call me periodically to let me know that they hadnt fogot about me. I bought that kit over 2 years ago and Ive gotten a Christmas card from Brian and his wife for the past 2 years............

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Import kit that B&G sells is identical to the one that On3 sells. Look at the pics. I'd go the cheaper route if thats the Kit you are eyeballing. If you want a better kit go with B&G's new revision kit. It says the header design creates faster spooling. Who knows if there is any truth to that, but it looks good on paper

·
Registered
472 Posts
If I could rewind time and do it all over again I would for sure go with the B&G kit. I had a sh## load of problems with my on3 kit. Paid all that money and ended up paying an extra $500 to get the flanges welded on correctly. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Cheap should not be an option when it comes to turbo kits unless your only wanting it to last for a short time.

·
4,309 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Import kit that B&G sells is identical to the one that On3 sells. Look at the pics. I'd go the cheaper route if thats the Kit you are eyeballing. If you want a better kit go with B&G's new revision kit. It says the header design creates faster spooling. Who knows if there is any truth to that, but it looks good on paper
I thought someone on here once pointed out some slight differences in the two kits. I think they were outside of the plumbing but can't recall. For anyone seriously considering the two then I say call each company and decide from there.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I had an On3 kit and I wish I would have bought the B&G kit.

I've had nothing but trouble from my On3 junk.

·
Registered
864 Posts
call each company and tell them your having trouble with the kit you already bought, that will make your decision really easy.

comparing b&g with on3 is like comparing a ferrari with a dead horse

·
Registered
383 Posts
I went with ON3 but if B&G offered a kit for the 2V mod motor I would of definitely went with them. I am only using the piping of the ON3 kit. If you go with ON3 do not go through ON3, call Chris a poweraddersolutions.com and go through him.

I got the 2V forward facing kit
No BOV, WG, or Turbo
Upgraded 4" intercooler
HPX 05+ MAF
Maf harness for my car
SD 80lb injectors
with 7% sales tax since his shop is in NC and I live in NC
Total was $2,500 and if I have any problems with the kit I can call Chris and he can take care of it for me instead of trying to talk to Chad @ ON3 myself.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Friend of mine has a B&G kit on his fox and a Y pipe from brian. Kit fit great but twisted the oil pump driveshaft lol

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I went with ON3 but if B&G offered a kit for the 2V mod motor I would of definitely went with them. I am only using the piping of the ON3 kit. If you go with ON3 do not go through ON3, call Chris a poweraddersolutions.com and go through him.

I got the 2V forward facing kit
No BOV, WG, or Turbo
Upgraded 4" intercooler
HPX 05+ MAF
Maf harness for my car
SD 80lb injectors
with 7% sales tax since his shop is in NC and I live in NC
Total was $2,500 and if I have any problems with the kit I can call Chris and he can take care of it for me instead of trying to talk to Chad @ ON3 myself.

+1 to this but is your car even up and running with the kit? lol

Thats pretty much all im using is the piping from the FF kit, precision 46mm gate, tial bov, and comp billet wheel turbo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In the past 6 months I've delt with both kits. Mine (on3) and a friends 351 swap fox (B&G)

As far as my kit I had ZERO install problems with my hotside & Downpipe. Sure, the v band clamps aren't great but what can you really expect for the $$

Now for my friends 351, first we had to hammer the front corner of the strut tower housing to clear the Downpipe bend. Had to grind on this and that.They also chose to buy a pre bent coldside for simplicity. It had to be reworked.

While I favor both kits I would not hesitate to buy another kit from on3. I would upgrade the turbo and that's it.

My kit is ceramic coated, installed CORRECT and I've put many street miles on it with ZERO leaks.

While B&G was my first option, it wouldn't work with my sheet metal job in the engine bay. On3 allows you to put straight sheet metal on your fender aprons without it touching the turbo.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So is the customer just better or the overall kit?
Kit is the same, just better to go through Chis @ PAS in my opinion. He is real upbeat and answered every question and concern i had, we talked about my setup, and he took the time to explain whatever i had questions for. He told me to call him if anything from the kit is missing or the wrong thing and he will get it fixed.

I called ON3 the previous week and took about 5 calls to get a hold of someone and his inbox was full so i could not even leave a message. When i did get to talk to Chad every answer he had to my questions was 2-3 words, seemed pissed off, and actually told me to Google some of the questions i had instead of taking a minute to answer them. To me it just seems like he is overwhelmed and just needs someone to answer the phones, take orders, and deal with customers. Seems like he is doing it all by himself.

@ Justin, no i do not have the kit yet. Currently gathering everything

1 - 20 of 25 Posts