Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What vbands are you getting to replace the stock ones? Maybe I am trying to install it wrong, however the one's that came with the kit seem to be way too large (even after modifiying like the instructions state). Seems like they need to be about an inch less in diameter in order to keep the pipes together. Any help is much appreciated...:confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
What vbands are you getting to replace the stock ones? Maybe I am trying to install it wrong, however the one's that came with the kit seem to be way too large (even after modifiying like the instructions state). Seems like they need to be about an inch less in diameter in order to keep the pipes together. Any help is much appreciated...:confused:
I broke a couple of mine with my kit, different manufacturer. As far as replacements, race parts solutions has some nice ones.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ship it back to on 3 and have them fix it. It is covered under thier warranty.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why do they keep sending kits out with those ####ty v-bands:confused::confused: if most people change them anyways

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Maybe its user installation error, however even when bottomed out those v-bands seem to be way too big....any ideas?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts

Maybe its user installation error, however even when bottomed out those v-bands seem to be way too big....any ideas?
That looks like the right size for your down pipe.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Sent you a PM
Perhaps they sent you one too many downpipe vbands and shorted you a vband for the crossover? I'd give them a call and see if they will send you the right size. I've had my original On3 kit on and off 1 car 3 times and have now installed it on a new to me 87 coupe and the On3 vbands that came with my kit are still working fine. No need to upgrade unless you break one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perhaps they sent you one too many downpipe vbands and shorted you a vband for the crossover? I'd give them a call and see if they will send you the right size. I've had my original On3 kit on and off 1 car 3 times and have now installed it on a new to me 87 coupe and the On3 vbands that came with my kit are still working fine. No need to upgrade unless you break one.
I sent you a PM, however I will post it here as well incase anyone else has the same problems. The kit came with 2 large v-band clamps, which are evidently for the downpipe and not the crossover...hopefully I can get the crossover v-bands sent out quickly so I can get the rest of the kit installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts