Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anybody running a muffler on their wastegate or have it replumbed into the downpipe/exhaust? Mine is obnoxiously loud when the gate opens. And I'd much prefer every cop in a 10 mile radius not knowing that I'm having fun. Anyone have any pics of how you've done it? This is on a Fox body, BTW.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
My waste is open i love it...and if your not on the go pedal you really dont hear it all that much..My car is really loud when im on it anyways...lol...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
hahaha thats funny...yea, open waste gates are loud as hell....I think its sick.

Anyways, I would think your best bet would be to run the gate piping back and merge it into the downpipe or exhaust.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think you should post a video of this said sound for those of us who want a sneezing car :D just an idea haha

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I think you should post a video of this said sound for those of us who want a sneezing car :D just an idea haha
Look up under my screen name the post i started you can see a video of mine and hear it...

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's not On3 but heres how I did mine. I'm sure you could do something similar with a little fab work. My car is super quiet sounds nearly stock with a small cam and exhaust work. Which is exactly how I wanted it,unsuspecting!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I'm not running an On3 kit either, but I am all for recirculating the wastegate. Keeps things quiet and sleeperish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts