Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 5.0 that is pretty much stock except for the On3 turbo kit and a built trans. I want to upgrade the heads, intake, cam and throttle body. Money is an object, but not too bad. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
472 Posts
IMO, if you are still on stock block, I wouldn't worry about H/C/I. The turbo will provide enough power to crack that in half.

·
Registered
444 Posts
turn up the boost for more power if u do what you are planing u will only be turning down the boost so not to break your block.but tfs top end set is a nice upgrade for the price

·
Registered
269 Posts
X2 on turning up the boost. I have studs and felpro 9333p and have been running 15psi on my stock motor for over a month. I beat the snot out of it too. A good tune will be critical though. Chris at Power Adder Solutions did my tune and has mine running great.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would upgrade to better valve springs, keepers and valve seals, Explorer intake and 65-70mm throttle body for now. Leave the stock heads and cam alone until you blow a head gasket. When it happens install a set of aluminum heads and a new timing set. Almost any aluminum head will be a big upgrade and allow you to make more power with less boost and eliminate head gasket problems when combined with ARP studs and Felpro 9333pt1 gaskets. Keep the stock cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts