Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is a stock 1990 mustang 5.0.i have heard and seen threads where you can run a shorter oil filter or buy a relocation kit....i would rather just run a shorter oil filter than running extra lines.anybody go the part # for oil filter.bought my kit used

·
Registered
358 Posts
When your at your local parts store ask for a 94/95 cobra oil filter. They had the factory oil cooler and the filters were about an inch shorter.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I run a motorcraft fl 910. It bolts right on and gives me plenty of room.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
damn my cars front end dimesnions must beway out of wack,there is now way i can get a smaller filter on there and the driverside manifold still hits the relocation adapter.

bought the kit used and it was on his vehicle and he did have a shorter oil filter and his cleared fine but mines not even close.

also gonna call chad from on3 so he can give me a link to the alternator relocation bracket,or if any of yall know where to buy one thats not expensive lmk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
448 Posts
I still have the on3 alt bracket. I didn't use it cause I relocated mine to the driver's side. I have the bracket and the tensioner arm, but i no longer have the bolts or the spacers. If you would like it, feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is my 1st 5.0 and i went to my friend local shop and he said the reason the short oil filter wont fit is because it has a oil cooler,my car is a ssp.

·
Registered
737 Posts
napa1335shortest you will find. if it wont fit nothing will

·
Registered
737 Posts
my kit has to have oil filter relocated or run shorter filter. i chose shorter filter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts