Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just letting you know what she ran. [email protected] For some reason it's not spooling like it used to. Very lazy in the mid range now and once it does spool it's like a freight train. Why would this start happening? Could the cheap turbo be going out?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
How much boost are you running?

·
Registered
737 Posts
may be an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm running 10 psi. Explorer intake and 3.27's. I need 28's cause im hitting like 5800 and this motor is stock and wont build power past 5k. I found the spooling problem, throttle cable and TV cable were loose on the TB.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm running 10 psi. Explorer intake and 3.27's. I need 28's cause im hitting like 5800 and this motor is stock and wont build power past 5k. I found the spooling problem, throttle cable and TV cable were loose on the TB.
I have the same kit and a 302 and I build power past 5000 says my Dyno numbers. You should be hitting around what you are. By the sounds of it you need to get the 60 foot down. Pretty easy to 1.6 with what you have at least. At 121 mph you could run high 10s or really close to it. What stall converter do you have?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
turbo newbie so please ignore my ignorance, but this kit on a stock longblock with a fuel system is what you have ?

How much do you have tied up in it witht he fuel system and tune ?

Just bought a HCI notch and got all the stock parts with it. I may just put all the stock stuff back on sell the HCI setup and buy a turbo kit.

On 3 Performance 5.0FK On 3 Performance Turbo Kit 87-93 5.0L Mustangs

·
Registered
785 Posts
With a Dyno tune which you'll need, you'll have close to $3000

turbo newbie so please ignore my ignorance, but this kit on a stock longblock with a fuel system is what you have ?

How much do you have tied up in it witht he fuel system and tune ?

Just bought a HCI notch and got all the stock parts with it. I may just put all the stock stuff back on sell the HCI setup and buy a turbo kit.

On 3 Performance 5.0FK On 3 Performance Turbo Kit 87-93 5.0L Mustangs

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have about that. maybe a little cheaper. My 60 sucks. I have a C4 with trans brake going in now. That should help. Mine doesn't build much over 5200 on my dyno. But I have stock heads and cam too.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Do cold side boost leak test.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ive got 4500 in my on 3 setup now but i bought all new stuff. Pms rails lines fpr drivers alt bracket upgraded turbo new flex pipe nickel and dime. I already had hci when i started my build. I do also pull a few cars on liter bikes on the hiway which is fun. Whoever has the lag problem take a look at your flex pipe. I put a new one on my car the first day i had it running cause i read the threads on how they were collapsing and didnt want to risk it. I also got the master power turbo when i ordered my kitand when that thing spools its a beast.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts