Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Im just in a mind pickle between if i wanna get a KB or try out this On3 kit ive been reading about. the only thing thats keeping me from the On3 is that i would have to pretty much redo my front end just so the piping fits, yes i know it will reduce weight. thats where im leaning towrd the KB, i wouldnt have to change a thing, plus i always loved that supercharge whine.:leghump: Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
This is like asking do you like cats or dogs ?

Both have people that swear by them and swear at them.

turbos make more power but require more effort to install and maintain.
KB's sound cool have great torque but rob hp, over heat and fall on there face on the top end while the turbo just keeps getting faster and faster.

I'd say if you want max speed go turbo, but if you want max fun at the sacrifice of some top end power go KB.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I personally was not impressed with the kennebell.....thats why I am going turbo. I had the 1.5L so I cant speak for the 2.1 guys. Turbo install will be done this week

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do em both! Compound the boost....Not to many of those around!
You can puck up a used KB & most likley a used Turbo kit! all in 5K
Now that would be COOL!!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
if ur contemplating a KB for a 96-98 cobra do yourself a favor and get the turbo kit man. Alot of the people who have had the b-headed KB end up selling it down the line for somethign else to make more power. Plus they dont whine nearly as loud as the ones for 03-04 cobras if thats what your looking for.

IF you want the whine and the PD blower do yourself a favor and sp0end the money to buy a Eaton swap for the 96-98 youll have room to grow and youll get the wine man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He means his front suspension. The on3performance kit requires a tubular kmember, a-arms and coilovers.
Yea exactly, I know it would be a weight reduction too but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to do all that, even tho it would be worth it it down the road. Idk tho

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would say..... turbo!!!! I've had a kenne bell on my 91 fox and was great n all...I even made a thread about switching to a turbo just like you..Ive got the on3 kit for my fox now and love it...as they said to me "you won't look back"...the kenne bell made gobbs of torque but as stated before didnt pull too hard up top...That or do the eaton swap from the 03-04...I have a 03 Marauder that I did the eaton swap on..and its a monster i love it..now if I could afford a turbo for my marauder it sure as hell would be...

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Do em both! Compound the boost....Not to many of those around!
You can puck up a used KB & most likley a used Turbo kit! all in 5K
Now that would be COOL!!!

Ever seen the Hellion compound boost GT 500 dyno graphs ?

INSANENESS !!!!!

It start at 2,000 rpm pull and has over 800 ft/lbs of torque at 3,100 rpm :eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ever seen the Hellion compound boost GT 500 dyno graphs ?

INSANENESS !!!!!

It start at 2,000 rpm pull and has over 800 ft/lbs of torque at 3,100 rpm :eek:
I haven't checked that out...but wow...straight insane!!!:eek:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yea exactly, I know it would be a weight reduction too but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to do all that, even tho it would be worth it it down the road. Idk tho
You want to turbo or sc your car.. But changing the suspension is a pain in the ass? I'm mildly confused by that logic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You want to turbo or sc your car.. But changing the suspension is a pain in the ass? I'm mildly confused by that logic.
Well yea since I don't have all the tools or knowledge to start that and not be able to finish it. If I do do it I'll just have it done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts