Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an on3 and I've been using an oil relocation kit. I'm constantly worried about the lines feeding it getting to hot since they are so close to the headers.... In fact, I had a line crack before- it was a slow leak and oil was hitting the header making lots of smoke. A big leak could be catastrophic. At the time I replaced the bad line and worked to get it routed better away from the headers. It seemed to work just fine. But I was always nervous about it.

Now, my new frpp boss block is going in - with the on3 turbo. Reuse the relocation kit? Use it with braided ss lines? Use the short oil filter?

A complete loss of oil would be double catastrophic now......

When running the short filter do you change oil more often? Change filter halfway through oil changes? Or let it go and treat as stock oil filter? If it matters I run mobil 1 and go 5k between changes.....

THANKS for advice!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If not the 90 adapter use the short filter. Not only could the loss of oil be catastrophic, if you lose it and it ends up under your rear tires it could be far worse. In my experience those relocation kits always leak from one place or another.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I ordered the 90 adapter last week for my build

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If not the 90 adapter use the short filter. Not only could the loss of oil be catastrophic, if you lose it and it ends up under your rear tires it could be far worse. In my experience those relocation kits always leak from one place or another.

Good point. The 90 adapter is on it's way. You decide if I'm cheap or broke or both, but it's a few dollars cheaper plus no sales tax (in tx) from Summit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Plus you dont have rubber hoses by the headers, thankfully I got advice on this one to

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Not fromwhat I've read, as that filter is recomended by Ford for a bunch of vehicles

·
Registered
456 Posts
sounds like you guys are talking 302 base motor and not the 4.6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts