Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Building my first turbo setup for my 2V. The plan is to get the On3 72 mm because I can get both the billet wheel and ceramic ball bearing upgrade (it seems with the 67 , you can only get one or the other?). The problem is that I've heard some bad things about their waste gates and BOV's. Is there anything to that? Has anyone heard of any other issues with the On3 kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Just speaking from what ive read and no real world knowledge. Get some quality clamps. A lot of people also use copper gasket material to get pipes to seal. Most people ive seen with their kits replace the wastegate and BOV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking into that 72mm when I ordered a kit for my foxbody two weeks ago. I went through Chris at PAS and apparently that turbo is out on back order. I ended up getting the 67mm ball bearing.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
My BOV and gate work fine. The vband clamps themselves are okay but the flanges aren't gendered so they could potentially slip if your pipe alignment isn't dead on (which i doubt it is). I've wanted to cut my vband flanges and replaced them with a good male/female but it hasn't caused me enough issue to worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts