Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys well I just ordered my on3 kit for my fox. I had them tig the maf flange in but opted out of there maf kit injectors and pump. I'm a turbo noob so I know I need a slot style maf but will any slot style work? Do I need any different plugs or extension harness to match up with the one that's in the car now?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hi guys well I just ordered my on3 kit for my fox. I had them tig the maf flange in but opted out of there maf kit injectors and pump. I'm a turbo noob so I know I need a slot style maf but will any slot style work? Do I need any different plugs or extension harness to match up with the one that's in the car now?
I am helping with an ON3 system on a T-Bird. My friend likes to buy things on EBay, including cheap POS hose fittings that barely fit. :)

Because of room issues we installed a slot style MAF. I'm direct wiring the plug that came with the slot into the Ford MAF harness.

The MAF has to reasonably match the flow rates expected, and needs to be in a spot where the airflow is minimally turbulent or curving. It needs reasonably straight airflow at all speeds.

Other than that, it is all about the tuning.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my turbo kit has arrived I went with the hpx meter from on3 and had them tig it in. my question now is I'd like to be able to start the car and make sure everything is ok before I trailer the car 3 hours to be tuned. it would be nice to have it somewhat timed, fluids topped up and system burped before I get to the tuner. on3 says I shouldn't start the car at all until it has a base tune but the tuner says go ahead and fire it up wont hurt anything. can somebody who has done this clarify for me? I switched up to 60lb injectors as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
my turbo kit has arrived I went with the hpx meter from on3 and had them tig it in. my question now is I'd like to be able to start the car and make sure everything is ok before I trailer the car 3 hours to be tuned. it would be nice to have it somewhat timed, fluids topped up and system burped before I get to the tuner. on3 says I shouldn't start the car at all until it has a base tune but the tuner says go ahead and fire it up wont hurt anything. can somebody who has done this clarify for me? I switched up to 60lb injectors as well.
My tuner said it won't run. And he is a big name tuner in the mustang world.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you want to fire it up ONLY to check for leaks and such, put the factory maf and injectors in. With the #60 injectors and no tuning it won't play well. Your computer CANNOT run an injector that's approximately 3x larger than stock, and still use the stock tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts