Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys that have a fox on3 kit, how in the world are you running your drain line? Theres like no room between the hot and cold pipes to run it

·
Registered
226 Posts
I didn't have any problems, I forgot the way it routes off hand, but we did things a bit differently. My buddy suggested to go to hardware store and buy a threaded pipe that threads into the oil drain flange on the turbo. The pipe is about.. 6" long or so. That way I don't have a rubber hose so close to the hotside. We connected the hose to the end of the 6" pipe, hopefully it drains adequately enough. I can get pics tomorrow prolly if you would like to see.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some extra stainless -12 line, maybe I'll use that instead

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i assume this is normal with most of the fox kits

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's how mine looked on my SN. I just wrapped the drain hose in a DEI cover as extra precaution and didn't have any issues.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks. Im gonna use the 12 an i have left over to be safe

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sorry to high jack thread, but what's the size of that 70mm turbo drain fitting?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drain hose finished finally. punched and tapped the pan. Put some JB Weld on for good measure

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wasnt comfortable running the cheap oil line that was provided, its so dang close to the hot pipes and this seams like it will work just fine. Couldve used an fittings, but theres no pressure in this line so hose clamp outa suffice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts