Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the kit and haven't had one bit of luck with them. Mike has seen many calls due to them messing up or not getting back to me. Cool guy but iv ran into many problems. First my dvd was blank... second the kit took over a month to ship out and i had to call many times to tell them to send it out with out the crossover since I wanted to get the headers on the car to drop it in.. finally got the kit after a month and a half of waiting by then they said the crossover pipe should have been in. I waited about another 5 weeks now and its still not in.... keep calling asking them what is the status on it. they said it could be another 5 to 6 weeks for it man... call them asking to talk to the boss of the company because im not getting quick enough answers. then magically it moved up to a week or two and the crossover pipe will be in. I do currently have a week to wait i guess. But, as of now Iv already had problem with 3 of the tubes on the turbo side header not be bent in so I couldn't get the bolt. This cost me 50 bucks because I didn't want to send it back and wait another 2 weeks possibly never even getting it back with my luck. Anyway I also think that the kit didn't come with the adjustable springs for the BOV which was supposed to be in the kit also... Not positive but im pretty sure I read that they do... anyway. I called mike again and again waited over a week for the boss to call me back. All i got was I can't give u his number its private info. So email him at [email protected]... so I did so telling him how disappointed I am and how ridicules iv been treated. Trying to see if he will give me a little money back so I can have a shop locally make the crossover pipe... all he said was don't tell me how bad our kits are and basically saying that I should just send it back which is stupid considering iv waited 2 and 1/2 months months for this kit.. and spent over 1k on fuel management... Just some things to consider when dealing with this company. There to busy on the new turbo kit and won't deal with a kit that someone bought from them... Im sure there's many other things that aren't going to fit just right with the kit but honestly the header and the crossover pipe and dvd all in one which are the first things you need... I know once the kit gets im going to be done dealing with them... and honestly I will never buy a kit for them and Iv already told many people who locally were going to buy there kits say that they don't want to deal with them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sorry that happened man, I would be pissed too.

Usually on3 is good about getting back with customers and fixing anything that gets screwed up, I know a few people with their kits and they all love them and fit great. I'll be ordering one myself in the near future.

Sounds like you just caught the lemon mixed in with the crappy end of the stick, hope they line it up for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Don't feel like the only guy that got treated like that. Starting to here more and more of it now. I didn't get a invoice / instructions / dvd / various clamps and fittings / wastegate / BOV. I have to say they were on the ball at first and got me all the parts corrected in 2 different shipments. Also had them out quickly. They Emailed instructions and invoice. But that was the end of the good service. They had over 2k of my money and that was that. Don't expect warranty on anything that falls apart. All they did was waste my time and money sending parts to them saying we'll take care of you and then getting a call back saying you need to BUY a new one. Lesson learned here, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well that sucks, I was thinking of buying one of there kits for my coupe. I've been reading more bad than good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Buy a B&G custom turbo kit.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Never had a problem with On3, got all my parts, instructions, and everything fit great. Unless the quality has gone down for some reason or you got a bad batch of parts. There is no reason you should be missing parts. IMO the contents of the box should be gone over before shipping to you, and if they were missing so many things it shouldnt have even been shipped. Sorry about your luck, there is alot of people that have had a good experience from them.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
hopefully someone from on3 gets on here and will attempt to make it right. i had always heard good things about them and i was looking to get one of these kit in a couple months as well, but if this is the new trend...

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've heard hit and miss things about them also, more good than bad though. From what I've been seeing and reading the new forward facing kits are much nicer than the old kit. When time comes I will be ordering that. I called them the other day and they said they have everything in stock ready to ship.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've heard hit and miss things about them also.
I guess it's just like Mac exhaust components, they have been hit or miss for years but people still buy their stuff cause it's cheap compared to other companies. I might consider one of their kits if the quality gets better if not I'll just find a used kit.

·
Registered
549 Posts
bought one of there new 4v kits and got great customer service, also everything fit great. Anything bad I have ever heard was always about the 5.0 kits hope they make everything right for you.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
889 Posts
didn't get past the first 3 or so run on sentances in that whole mish-mash of key strokes.

From the follow posts I've garnered the fact that you are unhappy about the customer service and lead time on the parts.

Are the parts stock components or are you having them changed for custom dimensions? 5 weeks for a cross over pipe? SERIOUSLY? Gotta be that someone is experiencing material shortages or something. 5 weeks to make what appears to be a standard pc (from all other pics I've seen of on3 kits) is absurd.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
5 weeks for a cross over pipe? SERIOUSLY? Gotta be that someone is experiencing material shortages or something. 5 weeks to make what appears to be a standard pc (from all other pics I've seen of on3 kits) is absurd.
Well production in China and shipping to the USA takes a little time lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
this is the exact reason i went with a hellion setup...got the whole kit in about 10 days no bull####..customer service also seems spot on. as stated before you get what you pay for...a 2500 chinese kit is garbage end of story

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts