Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has the kit installed with A/C. They say you can but doesn't seem like it will work from what everyone has been saying...

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
FYI.

I was wrong.

A/c will fit but damn is it a tight squeeze.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Do the lines out the back of the compressor clear? Did you have to change something?
the lines out the back have about 1/4" clearance. have to bend the lines around to make them fit.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The A/C will not fit with this kit. The compressor block for the lines hits the header. Also the lines in front that go into the condenser block the outlet for the turbo.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I grinded the back of the block that holds the lines to the compressor a little and bent the lines at the condensor a little. Make sure you remove the line brace on the condensor first as we broke the lines the first time. Now it is fixed and all is well. Very tight but it will fit with patience and trial and error.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I grinded the back of the block that holds the lines to the compressor a little and bent the lines at the condensor a little. Make sure you remove the line brace on the condensor first as we broke the lines the first time. Now it is fixed and all is well. Very tight but it will fit with patience and trial and error.
I do not have to bend the lines that is fine. But over on the pass. side the lines going to the condenser are right in front of the turbo outlet.... No bending will get these out of the way, and also against the turbo flange.... Are you running different lines or what?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I moved the top line up and towards the radiator a little and moved the lower line down some and used a clamp to hold it down to the inside of the framerail. I will snap a pic in a few minutes.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I took it loose at the links and rolled it out of the way. To reinstall it, I had to sit the wheels on blocks to load the suspension. It only touches when u jack it up slightly.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the AC is DOABLE with the kit? What about front sway bar?
I don't know even with everything moved it is still VERY close to all the heat, even with protection.... Have you even used the a/c yet after driving for a while?

The front lines won't even bend out of the way on mine, at the point where there is clearance, they kink.....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ours kinked too until we removed the little bracked that holds the 2 lines together on the condensor. We actually had 1 leak from flexing the kink. I got another one and removed the bracket first. We have not tried the a/c yet as we are having turbo issues at the moment. The car is not even driveable right now. I thought at first that nothing would work, but after a lot of time a patience it all worked out. Just sucks that we worked that hard to get it done then have the turbo fill the cold side with oil:hammer:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ours kinked too until we removed the little bracked that holds the 2 lines together on the condensor. We actually had 1 leak from flexing the kink. I got another one and removed the bracket first. We have not tried the a/c yet as we are having turbo issues at the moment. The car is not even driveable right now. I thought at first that nothing would work, but after a lot of time a patience it all worked out. Just sucks that we worked that hard to get it done then have the turbo fill the cold side with oil:hammer:
I had all the brackets off, any kink at all in the line is going to cause pressure drops in the system and the line may freeze at that point(that point is going to act as your orfice tube/tev). Also with the compressor still being so close and possibly getting very hot I cannot see the system working properly. Ya you can get it to fit somewhat, but how well it is going to work is another story.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I cant remember how close the PTK Kit was to the ac on my friend's 95 GT, but the ac always worked fine in that car, and the kit was on for a total of 4+ years, now I wish I had paid better attention.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Our new condensor does not have any kinks, but we do plan on putting some of that DEI cool wrap on the lines in potential hot spots also.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our new condensor does not have any kinks, but we do plan on putting some of that DEI cool wrap on the lines in potential hot spots also.
That is what I was going to do. Just some spots it seemed to close to even work... I just took mine off, gave me a nice spot for the oil filter. If I decide next year to have it on, over winter I may just have lines made. Let me know how it works once you get it running.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts