Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are alot of build threads with on3 kits but seems just about everyone has upgraded to the Master Power turbo.

I am curious as to who is running the 70mm on3 brand house turbo and if there are any issues. I tried searching around with no luck. Seems that everyone went with the upgrade. I know its a cheap turbo but for me its either cheap turbo or no turbo.

Has anyone put some miles on one of these? I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Im running the on3 "house" turbo... Havnt had a problem yet been using it for about a month...So far so good. I heard you cant get the masterpower any more from them not sure though. I figured if I did have problems down the line I would just buy a really good one.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im running the on3 "house" turbo... Havnt had a problem yet been using it for about a month...So far so good. I heard you cant get the masterpower any more from them not sure though. I figured if I did have problems down the line I would just buy a really good one.
What psi are you running with it and do you know how many miles you have put on it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have been runing the 76mm on3 turbo was 300 shiped to my door have had it up to 18lbs and street driving on 8lbs currently and doing 100mile round trips with no issues at all with it been happy so far got about 3k miles on it over 6months and jump on it when ever i get the chance

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must not of searched very hard. I believe someone asked this question a week ago. I have over a year and over 2000 hard miles on mine without an issue...12psi
My bad I didn't notice that threads but thanks for mentioning it. I was searching through all the forums through google and couldn't find much.

I feel a little better now about running the cheap turbo for a while

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the turbo yesterday. Thought I would post a few pictures. This is the first on3 turbo I have seen with their name cast on it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
did you get the .68 or 1.0

·
Registered
883 Posts
that looks like a SPA turbo.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
magnum is not a brand replacing mp and is not made in Brazil. Our ceramic ball bearing turbo is built in the same factory so I know thats not the case. I know MP had parts sourced from the same factory and assembled in Brazil but the magnum isnt a master power or a replacement just fyi. They are nice turbos though, thats why we chose the same factory to do our On3 Performance ceramic ball bearing turbos.

As for the 70/76mm journal turbos, I have ran the same 70mm On3 on my daily 2v going on 20,000 miles now. Its been on there since day one and maybe about 3 years

As for the part numbers on the box and the turbo, the exhaust housings are interchangeable. We just stock all the different a/r sizes and swap them out as needed or requested. Nothing to worry about though

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for the 70/76mm journal turbos, I have ran the same 70mm On3 on my daily 2v going on 20,000 miles now. Its been on there since day one and maybe about 3 years

As for the part numbers on the box and the turbo, the exhaust housings are interchangeable. We just stock all the different a/r sizes and swap them out as needed or requested. Nothing to worry about though
Cool deal! Thanks for the turbo, cant wait to run it.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Sounds good, any questions let us know. Im not always online but phone rings all day, call or Pm me if you need anything else from us

Thanks for your business

·
Registered
86 Posts
magnum is not a brand replacing mp and is not made in Brazil. Our ceramic ball bearing turbo is built in the same factory so I know thats not the case. I know MP had parts sourced from the same factory and assembled in Brazil but the magnum isnt a master power or a replacement just fyi. They are nice turbos though, thats why we chose the same factory to do our On3 Performance ceramic ball bearing turbos.

Is your $300 70mm/76mm ebay turbo a ceramic ball bearing turbo? Just wondering or to set the record straight??? If it is I will have to get a couple to put on the shelf for when I blow mine up...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts