Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had any problems with the flex coupler with the on3 performance kits?

Here is what happen to mine after about 10 track passes and about 500 miles or so. Luckly it didnt come all the way out and get to the turbo or the engine.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Any flex coup with the braid on the inside is going to eventually fail in a turbo application. I've had the same prob on a quick time kit. A word of advise everyone with this type of coupler, cut it out and change to a solid core version. If not the core will eat your turbo. Do a search and you will see mine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i seen yours cesna right when i was about to install my kit and i just about decided to switch it out then or cut it out but i didnt. i was kinda shocked when i found out really what it was i just purchased the kit in feb of this year.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nope you 2 guys probally installed it wrong.
Your kidding right?

Summit sells a solid version that's works good. Its twice the money but a whole lot less than a new turbo. Cracking would be a problem without it but some people do it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I called on3 and he said the flex pipe has been fixed and now wouldn't have this problem. I'm getting my On3 kit tomar and I'll check it out and post picks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Here is my new coupler on3 sent me today, it looks like the same one i already had?
The black piece of metal beside the new coupler is the piece that came out of my other one. The new one looks like it has that very same piece?

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
We have a ton of cars out there with the setup, its not a common thing to happen at all. We have used both, solid and braided in the past on setups. If you didnt want to run that same unit, I can check on solid units if thats what you would like to run. I just have the braided flex sections stocked currently here

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i told mike that i was a little shy to run this type now, i would much rather run the other kind if you had them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did the actualmetal braid come apart or what cane off ?
the metal ring came off inside and i guess that helps hold the braid in, luckly it got wedged right by the exhaust housing not making it into the turbo. my car went from making 9 psi of boost to about 4-5 psi so i knew something was wrong.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts