Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder if ppl would still buy/recommend the kit after driving on it for some time?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a year or a few 1,000 miles?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would do it again. Face it its an entry level kit. I bought my kit because I wanted to see what all the turbo hype was about. Kit went on with zero issues. Made more power in 6#'s of boost than I did on a 150 shot. I also knew going in that if I wanted to make big power I would problly have to change out wastegate and blowoff. I wouldn't of went out and invested a ton of money to see if turbo was something I wanted

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't hate On3. Just wondering about the longevity so that in the future when they sell just the hot pipes.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
It is a reasonable question. Seems like initial fit is good. Next question is how do they hold up.
Erich

·
Registered
711 Posts
1000 miles in about a year and no problems here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think as long as you do a good name brand gate and turbo the kits are fine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just wonder if ppl would still buy/recommend the kit after driving on it for some time?
got my kit used had some pin holes in the headers after being hot tanked wich i welded up without issues replaced the flex pipe since it was imploded
using an on3 76mm turbo have has no issues with got out for one gruge night so far was runing mid to high 10s with it without using tbrake or 2step with a very safe tune on e85 plan to turn up the boost some more and do a gear swap before i use the 2step or tbrake.
but would do it again think i reasearched enough and knew what i was geting for the money.
do plan on puting my 393 in with twin 76mm on3s

·
Registered
549 Posts
I installed one of the new 4v kits with no issues, but I used a custom 76mm turbo from reed at works turbochargers and tial blow-off and wastegate, and made 550 to the tire on 12.5 pounds, so I was very pleased

·
Registered
873 Posts
entry level kit is the best way to put it... stone stock car, when done right.. they are great kits! there have been issues along the way,that get addressed. but it offers bang for the buck simply put.. its what every gearhead truly wants. but like i always say, you have to pay to play.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
entry level kit is the best way to put it... stone stock car, when done right.. they are great kits! there have been issues along the way,that get addressed. but it offers bang for the buck simply put.. its what every gearhead truly wants. but like i always say, you have to pay to play.
8 second quarter mile passes have been ran with the kit and a MP 76mm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts