Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a turbo kit this winter and these are the two kits im looking at. Which kit would you all suggest? what are some of the flaws of each kit? the specs on my car are AFR 185 heads, TFS 1 cam, holley systemax intake, bbk 75mm throttle body, stock short block.

please no bashing on either of the kits. not wanting to start a war between these two companys.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It comes down to how much you want to spend and how long you are willing to wait. I exchanged emails with Brian from B&G last week about buying a LS/Mustang turbo hotside and he explained that he is 8+ weeks out. You can go to Jegs.com and have a On3 kit on your door step by tomorrow. I have had 3 or them, 1 for about 18 months now and no problems with the On3's yet.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm looking to buy a turbo kit this winter and these are the two kits im looking at. Which kit would you all suggest? what are some of the flaws of each kit? the specs on my car are AFR 185 heads, TFS 1 cam, holley systemax intake, bbk 75mm throttle body, stock short block.

please no bashing on either of the kits. not wanting to start a war between these two companys.
Do you already have the heads cam and intake?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
how is the quality and fitment of on 3? also arent they using their own turbos now?
I had 2 w the On3 turbo and the one I have now is the MP70. Couldn't tell any diff in performance or fit.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
yea already have it all and in the process of doing the swap
The reason I ask is because I did the same thing. Built a new 331, bought Trick Flow 190 heads, F cam and Victor intake. Broker her in half with 4.5 psi. Should have just put 16psi to stock engine and saved my money. Check out the numbers Mkrantz just made with his stock longblock and On3 kit.

You won't need those heads and intake to make big steam with the turbo kit. If you already have them just keep the small spring in the wg!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Come on we just had this same thread a few weeks ago!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I know. It's like Ground Hog Day around here. No one uses the search button anymore.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i never saw it. plus i made this so i can ask question lol i dont really like to thread jack other peoples threads.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Damn, On3 is in Jegs now! Crazy!
I'm willing to bet someone a five guys burger that they don't make it a year with a big supplier like jegs.

...and if you don't have a five guys where you live we could substitute an inferior in and out burger or something of the sort.

Is that a thread hi-jack?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I made a post just like this and it turned in to people fighting about American made parts vs. Over seas.

I got the on3 kit with precision turbo ive been happy with them and the kit so far but it's still undergoing install

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I'm willing to bet someone a five guys burger that they don't make it a year with a big supplier like jegs.

...and if you don't have a five guys where you live we could substitute an inferior in and out burger or something of the sort.

Is that a thread hi-jack?

Guess to each his own.. but five guys to me sucks.. rather have a fatburger.. but to each his own..:salute:

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Guess to each his own.. but five guys to me sucks.. rather have a fatburger.. but to each his own..:salute:
I can deal with a fatburger!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts