Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust is really hammering my engine. I need to get something like 1-3/4 or larger headers on my twisted wedge head 8.2 engine with 205CNC TFS heads. The T4 turbo mounts on the passenger side with the inlet flange. It mounts about at exhaust port level and the turbo's axis pointed front and rear. I can cut and move that around on any headers I get, if they are close. I only want to buy the headers, I can do the rest.

The B&G and the ON3 look close enough to modify.

B&G

Cyber Monday! 79-93 pt88 full kit!! Only one in stock!!!!! - $4,399.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

On3

1987-93 Mustang GT/Cobra 5.0 Foxbody Turbo System | On3Performance

The ON3 PS header looks best, but I'm not sure were the DS dumps.

Does anyone have the headers and can you tell me the pipe size and if it looks like it would be easy to move the turbo a little???

Thanks. (neither company has called back to help)

·
Please call me Mike
1,594 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I have an hp performance kit. It has 1 3/4 primaries and 3 inch cross over. The turbo inlet is in fender. Maybe open up options a little. I will say I had to do a lot of cutting to get it to fit.

For some reason it won't let me upload pictures "you don't have permission".

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
My car is in storage, so can't measure anything for you, but maybe these photos will help.

On3 standard 70mm kit.

motor, 302, Trickflow HCI, Twisted wedge heads.

·
Registered
419 Posts
As before mentioned, the CX headers are another option. I use them and they are thick with non pinched openings. Not sure on the single kits power ceiling, but the twin made over 900hp with a pretty low boost level. The 1.625" primaries def not hurting here.

Also OP I sent you a PM. Thanks!
My exhausted is really hammering my engine. I need to get something like 1-3/4 or larger headers on my twisted wedge head 8.2 engine with 205CNC TFS heads. The T4 turbo mounts on the passenger side with the inlet flange. It mounts about at exhaust port level and the turbo's axis pointed front and rear. I can cut and move that around on any headers I get, if they are close. I only want to buy the headers, I can do the rest.

The B&G and the ON3 look close enough to modify.

B&G

Cyber Monday! 79-93 pt88 full kit!! Only one in stock!!!!! - $4,399.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

On3

1987-93 Mustang GT/Cobra 5.0 Foxbody Turbo System | On3Performance

The ON3 PS header looks best, but I'm not sure were the DS dumps.

Does anyone have the headers and can you tell me the pipe size and if it looks like it would be easy to move the turbo a little???

Thanks. (neither company has called back to help)

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost looks like what is on mine. My pipes are 1.5 inch.

My car is in storage, so can't measure anything for you, but maybe these photos will help.

On3 standard 70mm kit.

motor, 302, Trickflow HCI, Twisted wedge heads.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks. BG custom turbo just called and they have a 1-3/4 inch kit that sounds close enough. Since they called back (and no one else did) and they have a 1-3/4, I'm going to try to finish with them if possible.

I'm so close to a 4 second pass I can smell it. I need about .4 seconds. I'm really wanting to do a 4 through quiet mufflers, but I'll be happy just to knock on the door in streetable trim.

I'll look at the other headers if B&G falls through!

Reactions: DreadFox

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CX only has 1.65 inch OD pipe with 2.5 crossover and divided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts