Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Today i finaly finished my art carr c4 install.. So went for a cruze and fell in love with my car again. Then decided to try the msd 2 step and trans brake so came to complete stop put in first held button gave it gas had the limiter set to 3250rpm got 6-7 psi boost let go of the button and roasted the tires very fun never had a trans brake before.

So on my way home after that the car now has a missfire.
If i roll on the gas it just falls on its face. It was fine for the last 2 months with the t5 (500 or so miles) less than 20miles with the c4 and 1 tb launch now its missing.
Can the msd 2 step foul plugs?
Only pulled 1 car still hot
what kind of plugs should i get? what gap?

And i noticed i have a oil leak on the top of my turbo. What should i seal the threads with?

Thanks for any input and help

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that fixed my oil leak thanks!

So today and changed all my plugs and on turbo side while i was there i put in a copper exhaust header gasket in. I check all my plug wires for burns etc all seem good.. All my old plugs were gap at 40 i gap the new ones at 30 none looked bad. Got everything put together. Car seems like its running with a choke on.

when i did the t5 to c4 swap i had to turn up the idle screw alot to get it to idle.
Now its idleing at 800rpm and pulling 5 vac it use to pull 12 vac.

And i havent gotten as far as disconnecting the clutch switch so you have to push it in to start.. If you push it in when idleing it idles a little better and pulls a bit more vac but revs up very slow.

Instead of going down road i to see if i had miss i just put in first hit my trans brake wich is hooked to my 2step(set to 3250) and it only rev'd up to 2000 but built a little boost This dont make sense to me
can my msd be bad?
Do i need a new tune now that i have the c4?
any ideas?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Plugs may need to be gapped a little tighter. I had to gap mine at like 28 thousands. Also check for vacuum leaks. With having such little vacuum at idle I think you may have a leak.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
^^^X2. Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Spray carb cleaner around the intake and it will rev up when it hits the leak.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked vacume lines appear to be fine! maybe ill buy new and replace all just to be safe. here is a video of the idle and then i push in my clutch (havent bypassed that switch yet) and it idles better and gets more vac

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know, Im pretty sure the only vac lines i have are from intake to fpr and intake to brake booster, and throttle body (t- to vac gauge)to wastegate to blow off valve. And all are zip tied

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Do you have an exhaust leak...or an intake leak whats that loud ticking noise?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the frickin copper gasket i just put in is leaking lol im swaping it out tomorrow and sending them back.. but before i made that mistake it had the same idle problem

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Yeah the frickin copper gasket i just put in is leaking lol im swaping it out tomorrow and sending them back.. but before i made that mistake it had the same idle problem
Oh ok...yeah the shop that installed mine used copper RTV high temp no leaks...Im glad they dont I hate them....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The title of you thread is misleading. All of you problems appear to be related to the installation and not related or attributed to your On3 turbo kit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The title of you thread is misleading. All of you problems appear to be related to the installation and not related or attributed to your On3 turbo kit.
Well what should i name it?
i thought a oil leak ontop of my on3 turbo i covered well with "on3 oil leak"
and i assumed other people with on3 would have the same leak
and im having a misfire i thought "misfire" was sufficient
i guess i forgot to put the vac prob in the title too
i dont want to mislead just want to figure out this problem

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So today i disconnected my turbo vacuum lines and connected my gauge to the side of the throttle body and it got 3 vac so my turbo lines are out of the problem. I took off my iac and it looked dirty can that cause vac loss and will adjusting my tb open to much would that cause loss? like the butterfly open to far

·
Registered
813 Posts
I wil address your idle fluctuation. The t5 trans has a clutch switch and neutral safety switch to tell the a9l computer when it is in neutral or drive. The computer switches from idle strategy to drive strategy depending on the two mentioned switch positions. If you have the neutral safety switch diconnected when switching over to the c4 then the computer is going to adjust the idle air and timing for drive strategy because it has no way of knowing you have the c4 in park or neutral. When you push in the clutch the computer see that switch change and changes to neutral idle strategy. Make sense? Do you have a neutral safery switch on the c4?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes that makes sense.
no neutral safety on the c4. Under the car only thing hooked to c4 is speedo cable and the plug right by it.

Would a tune be able to fix/change those? or should i just try and bypass them

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
F cam, I just got my new iac in the mail. I resealed all the upper intake im going to slap it all together and bypass the netural saftey switch under the car and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
you have to have a leaky intake or something, maybe blew the lower intake gasket, etc. 3 vacuum isnt good even for an f cam. that's also why it's down on power... it's lean

1 - 20 of 48 Posts