Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size or model# oil filter i need for my on3 set up the stock one is threaded too big and wont fit?

·
Registered
994 Posts
3/4-16 thread size, motorcraft part number FL-1A.
An FL-1A is the stock oil filter and will hit On3's headers. An FL-910 is what you need. Unless you are running an oil filter relocation kit.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The 90 degree adapter is a great addition for oil filter clearance and allows the full size FL1A filter to be used.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to point something out. i started gathering parts for my turbo build, one thing I picked up was the ford elbow as shown above. Went to put on my FL1A with the elbow, and low and behold, it will not work with my aftermarket oilpan which has a larger front sump area. So, back to needing to pick up the FL910S. Hopefully that will fit, I'll report back!

·
Registered
608 Posts
anyone use the ford explorer 90 adapter?? from what i understand theres 2 different ones, and one is easier to use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't go 3k on changes , I go 4 months , which is usually about 1k , it has a really good flow and micron rating so it doesn't big me at all , look at some of the new LS motor filters for a Chevy/gmc truck a ph3506......they Are tiny too and people run them a lot of miles

·
Registered
737 Posts
Napa1335

1 - 16 of 16 Posts