Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a rattling sort of sound when on accel or hard decel?

I have the 1st gen on3 kit and when accel building boost it makes a terrible rattling sound until I build boost then it's gone?

I have checked every pipe nothing is touching, I am starting to think maybe I am hearing exhaust noise from inside the hot pipes?

·
Registered
223 Posts
YES! If it is at all similar to the 2nd Gen kit, it's the downpipe exhaust that runs through the driver-side control arm. I had to install an exhaust hanger there and the marble-rattle went away. There is a really long section of exhaust pipe after the turbo before it reaches it's first hanger. Putting that one in helped stabalize it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see

I noticed that and I made a temporary hanger with some steel pipe support strips but it didn't help me. It is bad enough that if I don't fix this horrible racket I'll have to take the kit back off for my sanity.

Did you use a rubber hanger? I was thinking it could be an exhaust leak but I'm spooling right on time so that kinda rules that out

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Maybe its Pinging?...that sounds like what your describing..Mine makes a kinda noise like your saying on light accels but goes away when i set-up on it harder..Just an Idea...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
no pinging, just noisy pipes. i talked with bwait and he has same noises
Ok i hear a noise like you saying what pipe?....it doesnt bother me all to much my car is pretty loud..lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm curious if any one has ditched the on3 Y pipe and just dumped it after the axle ? i'm thinking of just leaving my tips and dumping it after the axle to get rid of this disgusting raspy sound

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you by chance have a photo of the hanger install as I am also having this annoying rattle-pinging sound on the drivers side, but it is not detonation pinging from the engine?

·
Registered
737 Posts
i had a rattle that was driving me crazy and it ended up being one of the plugs that are in the multiple bungs for o2 sensors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts