Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kicking around the idea of going turbo with my car. I saw on the on3 site that they have a note saying the kit does not work with high port heads. I have the Ford aluminum z heads on my motor has anyone used these heads with the kit, or any high port head for that matter?

·
Registered
637 Posts
The same ideas have been going through my head about going turbo, but to answer your question, I would call Powe Adder Solutions with your question. They sell the kits and upgrades and are very knowledgeable. I think Matt might be his name? Hope this helps

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not 100% sure I bout the car already built. I can put a picture up tomorrow

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Dual exhaust bolt pattern with 1 being the standard stock style.

Possible issue is the raised exhaust port which could possibly effect alignment of the hotside. Ask on3.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I called them today and it's a no go with any high port head. I should have asked but I didn't think till after if I put drop mounts in if it would allow it to work. In which case anyway I have a 7qt oil pan and it might drop the pan down too low. It stinks I have a few friends with on3 kits on other cars then mustangs and they all have been really good kits. Maybe I'll look into new/used heads

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There are kits out there that work with highports. Mine is custom but I run highports which is a very similar head.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
OK I called them today and it's a no go with any high port head. I should have asked but I didn't think till after if I put drop mounts in if it would allow it to work. In which case anyway I have a 7qt oil pan and it might drop the pan down too low. It stinks I have a few friends with on3 kits on other cars then mustangs and they all have been really good kits. Maybe I'll look into new/used heads
Drop mounts will have no effect on the fitment of the heads to the turbo kit. The issue with the high port style heads is the port location is moved up so the mounting is all wonkied up. Adding drop mounts wound change the port locations how?

Selling good heads to get different heads to buy a ON3 turbo system seems all wrong to me. Your thinking the wrong way about it. You should buy a turbo system that works with your heads. I've heard good things about CG Fabrications headers. They show that they do high port systems. Not as cheap as ON3 though. There must be others.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just modify the on 3 system to work. It shouldn’t be very difficult for a good welder to cut and add a small length of pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts