Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 foxbody with on3 kit. i just found out that my mishimoto that i got on trade is crack bad on both side a not worth fixing. it was out an sn95 and i modify to by cutting out its bracket to make fit. It is 29x19x2 1/2, i had it fitting very good, the only issue i had was inlet pipe was close to turbo so i bought flex stainless hose for it. now that i have to change im back to researching again. I see that a lot of people are using this radiator http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gri-1-26272-x which is very close to what i had, difference is it is 2" longer little bit wider and im worried that maybe closer to my turbo. Anyone else using this rad with on3 kit. if so what fan are you running. I have trans am fan that worked awesome on stock rad but didnt fit mishimoto because of thickness, mark 8 will be to wide too i believe. I might just make own shourd and fan setup but im also about to start looking at these contour fans ive been reading about. Main thing i looking to know here is radiator fitment with on3 turbo kit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had to do a little work to get my be cool and black magic fan to fit. Had to trim the rubber supports, slide the fan all the way to driver side, put the runoff bottle over by the turbo. So that combo isn't just slap it in!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im not worried about slap it in. i just wish i new where inlet falls out. i can make bracket and fab anything i really have to. i do have a/c so my lines come out right by turbo as well, i had to take ac brackets off lines to fit last radiator. im hopping to get lucky and be able to buy the rad in first post for $165, if not ill be dipping in my waste gate money and that is a must right now too.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My radiator is about 3.5" thick. I picked up a 1.5" polished aluminum 45 degree bend and made an upper radiator hose very similar to the Vortech hose that gives you a little clearance by the turbo

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just order the Griffen for fox body. The other Griffen was 32" wide, and with my ac lines don't look like it would fit. If I had no ac it looks like it would have pretty much dropped in
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts