Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.... Took me a while to decide if I should go turbo'd, but its my time....91 gt caged 6pt, boss 348 stroker, afr 185 heads, edelbrock rpm intake, 75mm throttle body, msd w/ two step, flex a lite fan, on3 kit 76mm master power turbo, race intercooler, meth injection, tremec 600, and im gettin it tuned as i type this....i will keep yall posted and will do more of a write up with pics once i get home

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
How much power did it make?

My combo is a dart 4.125" 348ci, AFR185s, Ed curtis cam and valve train, T76 with a 6spd.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
power

It's still at their shop...He needed some time...I'm so anxious to see/hear the outcome...I really wanted to be there but i gotta work:confused:...what did your setup make "vert" seems like our setups are pretty close..

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
pics

Previous Setup...

New build....

I will take better pics when I get the car back...Cause these suck!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice build!! Bet you can't wait!!
I sure can't....:eeek:...I hope it will be finished today...he was off yesterday so nothing was done...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
install

This kit went on w/o much headaches... Everyting went on like it should...no rewelding, drilling out flanges etc...The only problems I ran into was the race intercooler, downpipe clearing my shatter proof bellhousing and bolting up the cold side to the throttle body.. The reasons for that is. I got the race i/c and wanted to keep my a/c which means, I had to mount the i/c two inches forward, now if i used the i/c that came with the kit it would had been a lot easier and I wouldn't have had to cut anything...I had to trim the from bumper at the bottom only, cut sections out of the bumper support, and had to get rid of my foglights which I wasn't happy about...As for the cold side bolting to the throttle body, I ran tall valve covers and had to run a big @ss 1 inch spacer to clear them. So that put the pipe up a good bit...The car should fly and make good power, just the 5 spd is going to kill my ET at the track.. The car has 355 gears....I dont really wanna put a automatic in it...but I shall see how this goes

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sad

No numbers till next week...:crying::shakehead..They put me on the backburner!!! Thanks guys..lol

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
It's still at their shop...He needed some time...I'm so anxious to see/hear the outcome...I really wanted to be there but i gotta work:confused:...what did your setup make "vert" seems like our setups are pretty close..
Mine is not running yet either........I only get to work on it every 4 months for just a few days at a time.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
45 Posts
any updates?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
reread post 4 and 5...:confused:
and I believe his post 4 is in refernce to my post 3 and my user name "vert". Or I could just be wrong, either way

I am looking forward to the power numbers with a combo very similar to mine.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
and I believe his post 4 is in refernce to my post 3 and my user name "vert". Or I could just be wrong, either way

I am looking forward to the power numbers with a combo very similar to mine.
It was def a reply to ''kbscobravert'' Sorry I wasn't too clear.... Our combos are close to the same..what were your numbers?? I'm still waiting on my car and the numbers:crying: ....They've been real busy

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
It was def a reply to ''kbscobravert'' Sorry I wasn't too clear.... Our combos are close to the same..what were your numbers?? I'm still waiting on my car and the numbers:crying: ....They've been real busy
I will be lucky if it runs by the end of Jan '11. I am on the otherside of the world and only get to work on it in small spurts.

I am looking for a streetable 650 to the ground but I wanna turn the wick up on the dyno to see what she has in her.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts