Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I am getting ready to purchase my ON3 kit soon and have everything ready for install this fall/winter.
Combo:
69' 357 windsor w/ 10:1 Vanolia pistons (will be limited to 6-8psi)
B cam
gt40 heads
tremec 3550
I plan on upgrading to MP70 w their 60lb jectors and mass air meter all from ON3
Besides all the little fasteners/nuts/bolts etc...
Are there certain things that you guys would have done to make the kit easier to install? Tricks?
Basically I want all my ducks in a row so when it's time for install Iam ready to go start to finish.
I have a 190/hr fuel pump so that will have to be upgraded too.
Also, Iam sure my tuner will need a programable chip...I was thinking an SCT unit? Any opinions?
Set me up for success fellas!
Thanks.
Also...any hp/torq predictions? Don't know what to expect lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
More cubes...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think putting another Vband connection on the down pipe to access plugs and header bolts would be worth the time to do..
+1 this. I can see them updating their kit with this modification in the future. I just installed spark-plug boot covers after the install, and it was..:curses:

Other than that, no issues.

GL with your build:joy:

·
Registered
747 Posts
if i could change anything and had the money i would have finished my 460 build and put a massive single turbo coming threw the front bumper.

as far as your #s go trying asking the lightning guy what their making as it seem that the motor you have built. but if i were to take a guess i would go with 500 at 7psi and massive amounts of tq. the GT40 heads are holding that motor back.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just throwing this out there but, have u thought about just getting some nice heads and stroking the engine to 408? U would end up with a monster in N/A trim. U could always add the turbo later on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bgoins, I have been tossing that idea around for a few years. My short block is solid, but I need a new top end package to really wake this thing up. Here's my take.....heads/cam/intake=425-450 hp couple thousand $$$
roughly $2500-3000 for turbo...a tad bit more hp, lots more tq
it's a toss up really

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Id rather have a nice all motor setup befor I put a power adder on a car. Id do some victor Jr's or afr 205's and a new cam. What intake are you running?

·
Registered
248 Posts
In general, a well put together N/A combination is gonna be a lot less maintanance than a turbo setup. That might get me into trouble on this forum but I'm ok with it. U could call up someone like Ed Curtis and he could put together a sweet top end package for u.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Intake? haha...an old lightning GT40 non ported, GT40 heads with a little work done, and an OLD B cam w/ 1.70 RR. This motor was built back some 15 years ago so the lack of technology is def showing. lack of power showed on a mustang dyno last spring...327RWHP, but made 333ft/lbs tq @ only 2000 rpms. tq peaked @ 4500 w/ 375ft/lbs. The power dropped off at 4700 (not enough intake). my take on this combo is...plenty of torque which is fun on the street, but as soon as the cam gets happy...I run out of intake which is not good.
I'd love Vic jr's, TFS 351 w/90mm opening, and possible an AMS cam. Rick suggested a n-81 if I stay with 357cid. Ohhh the options haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts