Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a week of trying to get a new mass meter from on3, it looks like it maybe another week.

The 1st one they sent me with there kit is giving me a low voltage problem, which gave my tunner a problem trying to tune my car. I KNOW, I KNOW my tunner should of not even have tried to tune it but he did, and now the car dies at idle makes no power above 5k rpm and runs like ####.

On3 tells me that they cant get in contact with pmas to try to get this fixed but they can contact them to buy and order there meters, does that seem strange to anyone else or is it just me?

I understand that the meter they sale is not theres (On3) and its pmas's but i bought the whole kit from On3 who sales there stuff. All i want is a new meter so i can get my car up and running is that to much to ask for??

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
to start off PMAS meters have been a fail for me.. not to mention that you can't get a hold of them.. called numerous times, emailed, even faxed and no answer... that is a definite no go for me.. People say the BA2400's are iffy.. PMAS have been a headache, at least my experience with them..

I recommend going to the slot style meter.. on3 should send you a new one at the very least.. even though they don't make them, they include them in their kit and in doing so are putting their rep behind it... kind like guilty by association...

good luck and keep us posted.. I'm sure on3 will take care of you..

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope so...

I have heard nothing but good things from this company, well on this site anyway and after the 1st set of problems i had with them i would think they would have come through for me quick, fast and in a hurry. So i will see what next week brings to me.

The slot style is what another vendor (power adder solutions) said is the way to go also.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
on3 probably just keeps a bunch of meters in stock that they order from pmas whenever they need more. pmas is not a huge company. they are going to be hard to get ahold of. thats why i use nothing but sct meters on my builds. call sct and somebody will actually pick up the phone once in awhile....i dont think you should be mad at on3 unless they had lied or done something they shouldnt. if the pmas meter is junk then they shouldnt be selling it but they arent the ones who made it so they cant give you any warranty on it. the warranty is going to come from the manufacturer

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
on3 probably just keeps a bunch of meters in stock that they order from pmas whenever they need more. pmas is not a huge company. they are going to be hard to get ahold of. thats why i use nothing but sct meters on my builds. call sct and somebody will actually pick up the phone once in awhile....i dont think you should be mad at on3 unless they had lied or done something they shouldnt. if the pmas meter is junk then they shouldnt be selling it but they arent the ones who made it so they cant give you any warranty on it. the warranty is going to come from the manufacturer

I don't know about you.. but when I buy something at a store, I take it back to the store not the manufacturer.. Although it does depend on the time frame.. say within a week.. its going to the store.. a year later, if it has warranty, the maker.. Also unless you bought it at Costco.. they took back some ceiling fans that were 5 years old!!! wtf

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am fully aware that on3 doesn't make the meter and that's cool but a week goes by and on3 can't get hold of pmas. So I the paying customer has to go with out. I don't make the meter or the turbo kit. I bought stuff thats suppose to work from 1 company not 2. All I want is the problem fixed instead of the run around.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your title to this thread makes it seem like it's going to be a On3 problem but its actually nothing wrong with any On3 products at all.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
hmm, i have a pro-m meter thats been giving me and my tuner a little trouble. its a 60lber on a 2001 2 valve. the only issue is jumpy maf counts at idle. chris at pas is tuning mine, hes doing a great job with it.

i was thinking i would buy a pmas slot maf or send mine back to on 3 but i think it got taken care in the tune. maybe when i build my motor i will though.

on 3 should take care of you, they will do whatever they can to make it right. i spoke to them about pmas though and they cannot get ahold of pmas even to order more mafs. its like they don't want any buisness?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your title to this thread makes it seem like it's going to be a On3 problem but its actually nothing wrong with any On3 products at all.
When you buy a t.v at best buy and within a few weeks it doesnt work do you call sony or best buy to get a new 1????

The problem falls with what on3 is selling. On3 doesnt make the turbo or wastegate or even the bov they sale but there name is all over it. and yet they will warrenty it if need be.

when on3 tells me to get ahold of pmas myself cause they cant get in touch with them that might be a sign of a problem dont you think??

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
This really isnt something I can personally fix, you just need to box it up and send it back to pmas. Put attn: Chris on the box and he will see that the meter is fixed or replaced. Its very difficult to reach him by phone, he has a normal daytime job so the only way we normally have contact with him is through emails. He said just ship it to him and he will take care of it

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
sounds like you still lose...send it off to the guy that no one can get a hold of and he'll take care of you when he gets a chance cause he has a day job.... in the mean time, your car can just sit there.. great, I'll be sure to order a PMAS meter when I order my kit!!!!

love the sarcasm..

·
2,829 Posts
He is hard to get ahold of most of the time but I have been in contact with him about this issue and he is going to get it taken care of

2Guard: Just pm'ed you his info that he just emailed me on where to send it

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Why not send it back to on3 and get refunded?

in the meantime, go with someone else for the MAF...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not send it back to on3 and get refunded?

in the meantime, go with someone else for the MAF...

On3 wont give me a refund or send me another one, they do not stand by what they sale in this case.

I was told today to send it back to PMAS and wait and see what they say.

So its on its way back to pmas today via fed-ex and now i have to wait and see what he says. What the turn around time is i have no idea which means i can not drive my car.

Pass the buck the american way.

·
Registered
579 Posts
On3 wont give me a refund or send me another one, they do not stand by what they sale in this case.

I was told today to send it back to PMAS and wait and see what they say.

So its on its way back to pmas today via fed-ex and now i have to wait and see what he says. What the turn around time is i have no idea which means i can not drive my car.

Pass the buck the Chinese way.
Fixed it for ya!!

·
2,829 Posts
I really dont understand, we have the maf being taken care of and the warranty process is in effect. I dont understand the issue here, the problem is being fixed. I could understand getting on our case if we did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue but thats not the case. Why blow it out of proportion?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Because you don't buy something to go through a headache, spend money on shipping and have your car sit around for X amount of time.. it all about expectation.. Its Expected that you buy something that is new and its going to work, not buy something and actually inconvenience yourself with having your car down and having to run around paying to ship POS parts back to the maker... When i ran my paintball store there were many times that I ate stuff or did the warranty for the customer, not inconvenience them.... Im pretty sure that if you guys would have replaced this MAF and you guys deal with PMAS, the OP would not have air out this laundry... I don't know how long ago this guy bought this maf, but if its between a week or so.. I would have taken it back..

Not ragging on your kits, they work... just don't like the little guy getting the shaft...

1 - 20 of 180 Posts