Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys running a 3g alternator or most sticking with the stock alternator? From what I can see there is no way possible the 3g will fit. It's hitting the turbo and water neck.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup I went through the same thing had to relocate my alternator to driverside
Do you happen to remember what bracket you went with or have any pics? I really don't want to do that because of my a/c but if I just have to I will...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I have a stock alternator for cheap if needed..

·
Registered
858 Posts
Mine fit but it was very close

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I don't have an ON kit, but I moved my alternator to DS and had to make my own bracket.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have an ON kit, but I moved my alternator to DS and had to make my own bracket.

TomR that looks pretty slick! I will more than likely end up fabricating something as well but I want to keep my power steering.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The alt is contacting the smaller hose that goes to the water pump, but I haven't tightened up the belt all the way yet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the 3G kit from LMR and it fits fine. It is close but does fit and have room to loosen and tighten the belt as well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the 3G kit from LMR and it fits fine. It is close but does fit and have room to loosen and tighten the belt as well.
I run the same. Fits fine with a 7675.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts