Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I believe is a first gen kit the compressor housing is clocked towards the hole in the passenger side fender..I thought that's just how this kit was made but I installed the header with the turbo attached today and noticed the compressor housing was loose so it could be clocked..all the on3 kits I've seen had the exit of the housing facing down like this

Mine is facing this way

Here is my cold side piping if it helps

Thanks..I've almost got this kit bolted on jus wanna be sure because I've never seen a on3 kit clocked the way mine is..

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
just clock it to wherever you want! Loosen the bolts on the flange on the center section side of the compressor, rotate housing to where you want it, and tighten back up! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
actually looking at your cold side pipes, it may need to stay the way it is

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just clock it to wherever you want! Loosen the bolts on the flange on the center section side of the compressor, rotate housing to where you want it, and tighten back up! :thumbup:
Yes but I am asking what the appropriate way is..lol has on3 ever had it clocked a different way? Or was it always facing down like 331lilcoupes pictures

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
i just tried to visualize the cold pipe routing. coming out of rhe intercooler you would need the top left and top right pices to connect to tb. From other side of intercooler you will have to 90 with th bov on it. That leaves the other three pieces. long strait into the bov pipe. Leaving the short two pieces. to connect the turbo to the long strait pipe, you would need to have the turbo clocked facing the fender.

hope that all makes sense

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Put everything on first and then clock the turbo according to where your cold side meets the turbo..it will be easier to do then. ...I always put the turbo on last...you can clokc the turbo and oil drain that way

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put everything on first and then clock the turbo according to where your cold side meets the turbo..it will be easier to do then. ...I always put the turbo on last...you can clokc the turbo and oil drain that way
Gotcha..ill get it figured out..I test fit the downpipe today and it looks like I'm gonna need to take a bfh to the trams tunnel a little..it about a 1/4 inch from mating l to the exhaust housing..thanks for the replies..I'm new to this turbo stuff

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
This is one of our low production number kits that we changed the wastegate positioning. The design you have actually has better boost control as the gate is after both banks merging and right before the exhaust gases hit the exhaust housing. So your turbocharger is clocked correctly from the looks of it and will exit the housing into the inner fender. For some reason guys were constantly asking for the older design so we went back to that which is the current production we run now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts